2.5K     5 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 666     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Entertainment District/Queen St 11/03/05, 11/04/05

C

cassiusa

I have two friends that live at 50 Stephanie Street in the same unit seperated by about 20 floors. I happened to have my camera with me so I snapped a few pics last night and this morning.

The Phoebe
IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

The crane and site for (169?) John Street
IMG_0158.jpg

Hudson making an impact
IMG_0160.jpg

oops :)
IMG_0136.jpg

^ And that's when the acid kicked in! ;)

For a big, superblock development, the Phoebe seems to work.

Good God... those are gorgeous. West side baby! Best part of town.

I also had a friend that lived in that unit a few years ago (give or take a few floors). Is Hudson topped out now?

What good pictures! Thank you.

The building at 18 Beverley Street (east side of the Phoebe development, visible in the 1st and 4th pictures) is close to being the nicest in the city in my opinion. The brick portion with the old-fashioned bay windows is very attractive.

IMG_0144.jpg

This pic really shows how successful Phoebe is in fitting in with its Queen West neighbours. I wish we had more developments like it.

This pic really shows how successful Phoebe is in fitting in with its Queen West neighbours. I wish we had more developments like it.
Agreed! Two very minor problems with it I have are:

1. The Soho St side should have been closer to the street. That strip of grass looks a wee bit suburban and will never be used for anything anyway.

2. The beautiful square / park in the middle of the development could have been a bit more "public" in nature.

Yeah, the Phoebe is my favourite recent infill lowrise and a beautiful addition to the area.

Beautiful! thanks for sharing!

I love how the area has transformed itself into the entertainment district. The energy at night is spectacular.

Being a 905er, I love the ritual drive up Spadina Ave in a car filled with friends to kick start the weekend partying!

Louroz

Great pics!

The Beverley/Pheobe are great...they just need to do something about the hallway wallpaper :b

great photos. there's some really nice new infill in those shots.

in the shot of hudson, what's that white crane to the left for? it looks like it might be on adelaide?

Back