News   Mar 28, 2024
 288     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 654     0 

Empress Walk Retail

NorthYorkEd

Member Bio
Reaction score
Mods: Didn't see an existing thread for this mall, please excuse me if I've added to some clutter.

STAPLES is closing on September 27, 2014. No idea what the plans are for their space. It was previously a CHAPTERS.

Nope never ! Maybe you're thinking of the structube up the street. This will be good for the area ... I so miss the kitchen store plus around Y&E, we still have a solutions store but I prefer the latter (lost due to E-condos)

There are signs in its windows saying "now operating as Best Buy" or something to that effect.

They haven't converted to "hard signage" yet, so wondering if the store is on some sort of probationary period. Or maybe they just don't want to spend the money on a full rebranding just yet.

They haven't converted to "hard signage" yet, so wondering if the store is on some sort of probationary period. Or maybe they just don't want to spend the money on a full rebranding just yet.

Haha. Spoke too soon! The new signage was being placed last night as I was walking to the library.

Well, that was short lived! Solutions is closing and having an end-of-lease sale.

Yep. My wife and I were surprised it lasted this long. Never seemed busy, and the prices were very high, considering most of the products could be found elsewhere for cheaper prices (such as Amazon). One thing I will say is that the store always looked clean, and the staff were always friendly and helpful.

Final closing is around Jan 15 or so.

I'd like to see a Beer Store Express open around this area. The LCBO beer selection sucks, it's often way too crowded/busy, and the new LCBO ("Coming Soon!") at Emerald Park is but a sad joke at this time.

Walked by today and there was definitely something going on with the LCBO. All the shelves along the walls were taken out and replaced with cheap temporary shelving. Not sure if they're moving or just expanding the store, but the old Solutions store is probably way too big for an LCBO outlet, especially when the Loblaws downstairs is also expanding its beer and wine section.

Back