Emerald Park Condos (Bazis International, Plaza, Metropia) - Real Estate

Are real estate agents intellectuals?

Most aren't.

Which explains the reasoning: the more real estate agents lining up for a condo launch (why the hell would you waste time in a line up when you could be feeding hungry children?;)) the more reasons to stay 1000 miles away!

There is a reason why the market has crashed in the USA. Canada's market will catch up to Vancouver and Calgary in time.

What I like about Toronto vs. Vancouver, Calgary or the US markets is that people haven't go carried away and the bubble is not nearly as large... I don't think there will be a crash in the coming years, but prices will not increase as quickly as in the past and it will take a bit longer to sell... It will start to favour the buyer for a few years until it picks up again... parallel to the US economy.

I heard most units were purchased by agents and they are sitting on them to flip when the project opens to public

I heard most units were purchased by agents and they are sitting on them to flip when the project opens to public

You know when the market is going down the toilet when everyone and their mom are flipping houses. Anyone who thinks Canada is immune to the problems in the US is looking at things through their rose tinted glasses, our economy has always followed 1-2 years behind the US and after a year we are seeing job losses left and right in Ontario ..... it's not a matter of IF but WHEN at this point. My guess is you will see remnants of this beginning Oct and it will downhill from there.

Agreed. I'd stay away from the market at this point. The easy money from flipping has already been made. Having said that I hope they build this one as it looks great.

Here's the latest article from today (July 15th):

http://www.globeinvestor.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080715.whousing0715/GIStory/

Honestly, the news media are at least 2 months behind .... my prediction for a clear downward trend in Oct stands pat which means you will see these reports/news in Dec. The number of units that are sitting on the market is disturbing to say the least, i say a correction of 15-20% by late 2009 is written in stone. Having said all this, Emerald Park will be a great addition, if you buying there to live for the long term then it's fine. If you're buying to invest then it might not be the best decision.

The article is contradictory... it states that because of high supply, prices have fallen... yet Edmonton which has the highest price decrease had the lowest supply (listings).

thanks digitalis ... I suppose the presentation is open to the public now then? should be interesting to see what they have to show in the office given the hype

I'm not sure if the sales are open to the public or not. I would assume that they are, however when I went, it was the "Preview Sales" and the only way in was by appointment. I found it silly that anybody would need an appointment as all they did was take my name and point me in the direction of a sales agent. At no point in time did anybody come to talk to me one-on-one.

The presentation centre was nothing special either. They have a model of one tower and several floor-plans on the walls. Sorry, I wasn't able to get any photos.

Back