Ellie Condos (G Group) - Real Estate -

occupancy date

How do you know this? Specifically, how do you know Meerai Cho gave the money to the developer and that the developer fled (although this doesn't surprise me)?

I am equally frustrated and also fear the worst but some things you've written are either wrong or out of date. The first occupancy date I got was sometime in 2014 then I received a letter that the occupany date was pushed to 2016.

As well, the money might be held in trust by Meerai Cho but standard protocol for any deposits held in trust by a third party to be returned to buyer must require a mutual release signed by both parties otherwise a court order is needed. So in that regard, Meerai Cho sending you a form to sign is not necessarily suspicious.

I do agree though that the longer we wait the more I feel like something criminal is going on. I would gladly report this to the police but right now I've got nothing. No facts. My lawyer is telling nothing and all the information I have is off this website. The police will just tell me to go get some hard evidence before they'll do anything.

Does anyone have ANY facts that can be proven???

the occupancy date we got was sept 2013 listed our "agreement of purchase and sale", and we did not receive anything regarding a change of date for the occupancy.

we investigated and found out she transfered the money to the developer, and from the investigation, we found out the developer left canada in 2013, and the land for centrium was sold twice that year. You can find that from OREA.

occupancy date for 2014 and pushed to 2016, they were probably trying to buy time to run away.

To Nothappy,

when did you recieve your 2014 occupancy letter? and when did you receive the change of date for occupancy? Who sent you these letters?

maybe this can be an evidence.

The Sales representative, Jenny Fulton, she is responsible for the sales of Centrium, her phone number is 416-906-4749/416-224-2280, her email is jennydreamhome@gmail.com, she is an agent of Homelife. Since the centrium construction site was sold twice on 2013 to other parties. If centrium was still selling condos out during 2013, then this is clearly a fraud. Perhaps Jenny might know something about this.

Interesting news.

I just received in the mail the application record that was filed to the Ontario Court by bratty. Its a big binder filled with correspondence between bratty, meerai cho, the developer and GCNA. I don't know why it was sent to me and not my lawyer but it gives me a very good picture of what's going on. I'm guessing all the buyers already received it or are going to receive it soon.

Indeed there is a court hearing on Sept. 2nd.

In the application record, Bratty provides a record of accounting with all the deposits they are holding. They redacted all the names, but I can see my money is being held in their trust account by matching the APS signed date and deposit amounts. Thank goodness.

I'm no legal expert and I'm not making any representations but from the correspondence, some things do appear very suspicious. If I got my facts straight, as per agreement between bratty and the developer, bratty was supposed to hold all deposits for the residential condo. But somewhere along the line, buyers were told to make deposit cheques out to Meerai Cho instead of Bratty. Bratty has been requesting to Meerai Cho to transfer any and all deposits that they should've been handling. She complied at first then stopped. Once again, I don't know what's going on but this whole fiasco requires an explanation at minimum.

Don't know if that helped much but hope that gives everyone a clearer picture of what's going on. If anyone has anything else, please post.

Last edited:
Don't have the letters on me (may have thrown it out) but I believe I got a letter late 2012 saying the new date was 2016.
Not surprised you didn't get it. Throughout the project, I found that some buyers were getting updates and some weren't, myself included. This was quite a frustrating process being in the dark.

To Nothappy,

when did you recieve your 2014 occupancy letter? and when did you receive the change of date for occupancy? Who sent you these letters?

maybe this can be an evidence.

This is a terrible day to me.
Just heard from my lawyer said Meerai CHO declare the bankruptcy, and a creditor package received in e-mail. She has $0.00 net in her account. What the mother Fu*ker!!!

Her reason is
“I was retained to act as the solicitor for a builder/developer (“Developer”) of a condominium project in Toronto. In that capacity I received, in trust, deposit monies for commercial, hotel and condominium units totaling approximately $12.1 million. In error I released these funds to the Developer who absconded with the funds.”

Anyone else got the same package? I think my total investment in the commercial unit is gone and seeking for anyone can be the lead to get a help from police, MP or government. Because she is very easy and just saying “in error”, and my fu*king money from my hard working in few years is totally gone. And besides that, 9 month later, she might share the $12.1 M Canadian dollars to enjoy her life without any works and penalties. Those are our money who working very hard to have.

Few months ago, my lawyer contacted her and she grantee all the funds are in her trust, very safe, no worries, and just want us to sign the mutual release, but now the fund was released “in error” to the developer. She is a fu*king liar and we need to find some way to get the help from government. Because here is Canada, and why this ridicules thing can happen and she just try to use her professional knowledge to make her “error” without any penalties.

Betty, I am going to call the policy fraud Department. Does the file number you post here would be the same issue to against Meerai CHO?

Please everyone here dealing with Meerai CHO call police fraud dep. And let them do something for us. We cannot just let it go and let our money go.

Totally agree with you!

According to the law society, if we can prove Meerai Cho had committed a criminal act, then the law society will find evidence to prove her guilty. In that case she will need to pay back all the victims. To do this, we should all report Meerai Cho to the police and have the authorities arrest her and put her on trail.

In 2013, the construction site for Centrium was auctioned away to another party already. Meerai Cho had given away our money to the developer Joseph Lee, who had already fled to Korea. Meerai Cho as a trustee should not have done this, and this is considered illegal. This money, which is more than 15million (possibly twice of this amount) dollar, should be paid to Joseph lee after the construction completed. Meerai Cho shouldn’t have done this. This is possibly a plotted crime.

The occupancy date of Centrium was in September 2013, at that time, Meerai Cho should notify us and should return all of our money back 11 months ago. However, she did not do that, instead, she have been wasting our time. Whenever the victims request for their money back, she would send us a letter by telling us to sign it and have our money returned. However, this is unnecessary, because all the money should be entrusted to Meerai. The developers should not need to have us sign anything in order to return our money. We are all holding receipts â€subsection 81 (6) of the Condominium Act, 1998†given by Meerai Cho.

The Canadian government should help us and protect us from scam like this. Meerai Cho and the developer Joseph Lee had possibly planned this scam all along. Our money is possibly sitting in Korea at the moment. Meerai Cho as a lawyer knows how to cheat her way through the system and protect herself using her professional knowledge. In order to put her on trail, we must have the police arrest her and put her on trail, and also have the Canadian government request Joseph Lee to return to Canada and to be placed on trail as well. If we have enough people reporting her to the police, the police will act to this case, and the law society will raise awareness on Meerai Cho. Hundreds of us are suffering from this scam; we must act fast and let’s hope justice will be on our side.

Yes, Refer To Meerai Cho !!!

Again: File# 2688289, Police officer: Choi - 9439 Address: 30 Ellerlie Ave - 32 division
Or File# 2014-2539937 Police officer: Mr. Bennoch Address: 50 Upjohn Rd - 33 division
Both file# you can use.

This is a terrible day to me.
Just heard from my lawyer said Meerai CHO declare the bankruptcy, and a creditor package received in e-mail. She has $0.00 net in her account. What the mother Fu*ker!!!

Her reason is
“I was retained to act as the solicitor for a builder/developer (“Developerâ€) of a condominium project in Toronto. In that capacity I received, in trust, deposit monies for commercial, hotel and condominium units totaling approximately $12.1 million. In error I released these funds to the Developer who absconded with the funds.â€

Anyone else got the same package? I think my total investment in the commercial unit is gone and seeking for anyone can be the lead to get a help from police, MP or government. Because she is very easy and just saying “in errorâ€, and my fu*king money from my hard working in few years is totally gone. And besides that, 9 month later, she might share the $12.1 M Canadian dollars to enjoy her life without any works and penalties. Those are our money who working very hard to have.

Few months ago, my lawyer contacted her and she grantee all the funds are in her trust, very safe, no worries, and just want us to sign the mutual release, but now the fund was released “in error†to the developer. She is a fu*king liar and we need to find some way to get the help from government. Because here is Canada, and why this ridicules thing can happen and she just try to use her professional knowledge to make her “error†without any penalties.

Betty, I am going to call the policy fraud Department. Does the file number you post here would be the same issue to against Meerai CHO?

Please everyone here dealing with Meerai CHO call police fraud dep. And let them do something for us. We cannot just let it go and let our money go.

Hi, all
I purchase two commercial units, hear that Meerai Cho went bankrupt, is any one can confirm that? That mean my deposited is gone?

Hi

I have the same situation. Just heard from my lawyer that Meerai Cho declared bankruptcy.
Since there is not any warranty for commercial units, I guess it makes it even harder to claim any return for our deposits.

Any how...I still believe that there should be a legal way we can follow.

We just have to be united and keep each other update with any information that we have.

Please be active. This cant be end here.

Again: File# 2688289, Police officer: Choi - 9439 Address: 30 Ellerlie Ave - 32 division
Or File# 2014-2539937 Police officer: Mr. Bennoch Address: 50 Upjohn Rd - 33 division
Both file# you can use.

Thank you very much.
I am calling the police.

called police as well today

32 division: 416-808-2222
33 division : 416-808-3307 or 3304

called police at 416-808-2222 reported that i am one of the victims. the officer told me in 7 days, a police officer will get back to me to record all the information. I also sent complaint form to "The Law Society of Upper Canada" to report Meerai Cho and her law firm.

Just spoke with my lawyer, he suggests everyone who is dealing with Meerai Cho should call the police to file fraud claim. The more calls, the better.

I received a package from Robert Charles, Trustee in Bankruptcy-Toronto, regarding Meerai Cho's bankruptcy, total debt is $13239358.76CAD. Secured amount is $863101.30. Call the police today, Officer Mr. Bennoch will be in office on Manday, from 6:00 am til 2:00 pm, please call with in that hour.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, my realtor never told me about the change of developer for Centrium project, even i kept asking them if the project is fine all the time. my realtor always told me it's fine. But if the developer changed in 2013, realtor must knew it and they should fully disclose this information to their clients! I am wondering in this case, can i report them to the realtor board for not fully disclosure?

Back