324     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

Eglinton East LRT | Metrolinx

This is a better video:

And these are the people we are up against:

The above video, as well the comment section, is complete brain rot. (The good news though is that the comment section is all urbanists arguing with the video creator! 🤣)

Last edited:
I'd rather not devote any energy towards engaging with someone with a Confederate flag profile pic...

Oh, this guy will never change his opinion that's for sure.
It's basically a bunch of sane people getting enjoyment out of collectively dunking on a redneck... 🙃

Call it group therapy!

Fast? The staff report says bus lanes would be faster than an LRT here. Not to mention the $$ the city will save.

The staff report says that, however I wonder how they modeled. Something just doesn't add up. Say, the section from Kennedy Stn to UTSC is 9 km long and will have 16 stops, means average stop spacing = 562 m. Doesn't the bus stop more frequently? if so, the bus should be a bit slower even when it runs in dedicated lanes.

Or, do they mean express bus will be faster than LRT? That's possible since the express bus makes fewer stops.

I'd rather not devote any energy towards engaging with someone with a Confederate flag profile pic...
That profile pic needs to be reported, but again, Google profits from controversial videos made by people with controversial profile pics.

It feels that they might have mis-modeled the business case though.

I've seen strangely conflicting statements in one of their recent report: a) Eg East LRT will facilitate Transit-Oriented development and increase the density along the route, and b) The total ridership will remain at the same level as in the base case without LRT.

I can't understand how the two statements can be correct at the same time. Either the density increases, that means there are more riders in the area and many of them moved in because of the LRT; then the ridership will increase. Or, the ridership doesn't increase, means no additional riders; then how would the density grow.

Feels like they are embarassed that the project lingers without funding for so many years, and twist the business case (either on purpose or subconsciously) to make it look less worthy.

If you're going to spend billions on a transit line slower than buses - don't bother. I don't understand this city's obsession with slow transit. Yes, LRT looks nice but people in a hurry will just Uber to their destination :rolleyes:

Uber isn't an economic option for most TTC riders I'm going to assume, also the reliability & service with the LRT should be surperior to busses along that corridor, especially at night

I live 10 minutes from my work and to get there by Uber is $12 minimum. It is definitely not an option to be used with any kind of regularity for anyone but the rich, if there is an alternative option.

As an aside, slow transit is not a phenomenon that beleaguers only grade integrated surface transit. Since the implementation of ATO, I have yet to have a speedy ride on the YUS. Slow orders EVERYWHERE. The other day it took me around 20 minutes to get from Downsview Park to Yorkdale. I know that this is not an inherent problem of ATO, but between this, and the slashing of frequencies, I would be very interested to know if we'll ever reach a time when ATO actually justifies all the money we spent on it.

Uber isn't an economic option for most TTC riders I'm going to assume, also the reliability & service with the LRT should be surperior to busses along that corridor, especially at night
They could build a proper BRT to address reliability and capacity for a much cheaper bill than a slower LRT. Best the TTC save the money and actually fix dirty, roofless and run down stations that are an embarrassment and or more pressing matters like service level

I live 10 minutes from my work and to get there by Uber is $12 minimum. It is definitely not an option to be used with any kind of regularity for anyone but the rich, if there is an alternative option.

As an aside, slow transit is not a phenomenon that beleaguers only grade integrated surface transit. Since the implementation of ATO, I have yet to have a speedy ride on the YUS. Slow orders EVERYWHERE. The other day it took me around 20 minutes to get from Downsview Park to Yorkdale. I know that this is not an inherent problem of ATO, but between this, and the slashing of frequencies, I would be very interested to know if we'll ever reach a time when ATO actually justifies all the money we spent on it.
I'm still baffled at times at how slowly subway trains operates compared to other parts of the world. When have we became so afraid of speed? This is quite frankly ridiculous

Back