News   Sep 13, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Sep 13, 2024
 2K     2 
News   Sep 13, 2024
 602     0 

Dundas West/ Bloor Mobility Hub +interconnected hub network (Metrolinx)

Most likely owned by idiots who only drive and think transit is for beggars and poor people, whom they don't want in their mall.
Just like the same idiots that oppose bike lanes for street parking.
If there was a Darwin award for bad business decisions, they would be a strong contender

Most likely owned by idiots who only drive and think transit is for beggars and poor people, whom they don't want in their mall.
Just like the same idiots that oppose bike lanes for street parking.
Which is funny, because it's not like that "mall" is exactly doing great. If anything, it looks to me like it's in the worst shape it's ever been in terms of vacancies...

Can someone tell me if they expect to connect the tunnel to the crossways mall? I think this would be a great Because it would allow for a TTC entrance in the crossways. This would limit the amount of jaywalking and congestion that happens every day in this area.
Most of the people crossing midblock (there's no such thing as jaywalking in Ontario) are connecting between the subway/streetcar and GO stations. The project is already providing a direct underground connection from the subway platform to the GO station so it will already eliminate most of the midblock crossings regardless of connecting to the mall.

Most of the people crossing midblock (there's no such thing as jaywalking in Ontario) are connecting between the subway/streetcar and GO stations. The project is already providing a direct underground connection from the subway platform to the GO station so it will already eliminate most of the midblock crossings regardless of connecting to the mall.

Another reason an entrance in Crossways would be great would be to divert some of the foot traffic from the current entrance that involves crossing the streetcar entrance and squeezing onto the narrow sidewalk on Dundas. This intersection is so crowded with students from the high school other pedestrians, not to mention all the cars trucks and transit vehicles, avoiding the bottleneck would make it that much more comfortable and less hostile. Huge miss by the myopic rent collectors at Crossways "mall."

Another reason an entrance in Crossways would be great would be to divert some of the foot traffic from the current entrance that involves crossing the streetcar entrance and squeezing onto the narrow sidewalk on Dundas. This intersection is so crowded with students from the high school other pedestrians, not to mention all the cars trucks and transit vehicles, avoiding the bottleneck would make it that much more comfortable and less hostile. Huge miss by the myopic rent collectors at Crossways "mall."
But if people are walking east on Bloor they can still avoid that crossing by using the new connection to the GO station. If they're going south on Dundas an entrance in Crossways wouldn't help them anyway.

Stupid is as stupid does right?..
This is getting off topic, but I knew someone who lived there from the late 1980s to the mid '90s, when the apartment building started to increasingly have a roach problem. One of the main things that has to be done to control their spread is to seal all the gaps around water pipes where they routinely enter and exit the apartments.
https://www.toronto.ca/community-pe...resources/preparation-food-service-processes/
According to the guy I knew who lived there, supposedly the owner was being duped by disingenuous exterminators, whose intention was to keep regularly returning and get paid to spray as much possible, instead of actually eliminating the problem. They insisted that every few months they needed to do "inspections" of all the apartments, which would include them looking under the kitchen and bathroom sinks with screwdrivers to poke holes through the sealant where anyone had done this, to re-open the gaps for the roaches. And apparently they eventually even got the owner to put up a notice telling the residents to stop doing any such sealing, with some ridiculous b.s. reason that it somehow made the roach problem worse. 🤣

Last edited:
I got some very poor images of the new lighting features on the platform on the south side of Bloor. Taken 19 August.

IMG_7040.jpeg

IMG_7039.png
IMG_7038.jpeg

Back