News   Jun 28, 2024
 4.1K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 665     1 

Dundas St Rapid Transit (Metrolinx, Mississauga, Halton Region, CoT)

Slides for the Mississauga West portion of the Dundas BRT have been uploaded: https://assets.metrolinx.com/image/upload/Images/Metrolinx/2024-06-20_VOH_MW.pdf

Mississauga West stop locations:
1.jpg

Alternatives:
2.jpg

Full Median BRT is the preferred alternative between Confederation Parkway and The Credit Woodlands:
4.jpg

Full Median BRT with alignment shifted to the north is the preferred alternative between The Credit Woodlands and Mississauga Road:
5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Curbside Reserved Bus Lane (RBL) is the preferred alternative between Mississauga Road and Ninth Line:
3.jpg

Slides for the Mississauga West portion of the Dundas BRT have been uploaded: https://assets.metrolinx.com/image/upload/Images/Metrolinx/2024-06-20_VOH_MW.pdf

Mississauga West stop locations:
View attachment 575868

Alternatives:
View attachment 575869

Full Median BRT is the preferred alternative between Confederation Parkway and The Credit Woodlands:
View attachment 575871
Full Median BRT with alignment shifted to the north is the preferred alternative between The Credit Woodlands and Mississauga Road:
View attachment 575872
View attachment 575873
View attachment 575874
Curbside Reserved Bus Lane (RBL) is the preferred alternative between Mississauga Road and Ninth Line:
View attachment 575870
If I'm reading this correctly, the bus lanes at Mississauga road will switch from being in the middle of the road to being curb side? Which means the buses will have to drive through traffic? Why can't they just keep the lanes in the middle? I don't see why the Dundas BRT can't be designed exactly like VIVA's BRT on Yonge st..

If I'm reading this correctly, the bus lanes at Mississauga road will switch from being in the middle of the road to being curb side? Which means the buses will have to drive through traffic? Why can't they just keep the lanes in the middle? I don't see why the Dundas BRT can't be designed exactly like VIVA's BRT on Yonge st..
Curb lanes will be for buses only marked in red, other than a right hand turn. The density and ridership don't support a full BRT for at least 2 decades, if at all.

VIVA Yonge and Hwy 7 have more going for their BRT than the light BRT on Dundas/

Back