Dundas Square Gardens (Easton's Group) - Real Estate -

The preview opening of the presentation centre is this weekend, and there are incentives for registrants to be at it!

Front page story here.

Looks like the scheduled occupancy dates will be pushed back. Has anyone heard directly from the builder in this regard?

No change for us though. We get the keys by next week. Although, they haven't confirmed when we can move in. Most likely, we will take some time.

The only change was that they wanted the Pre-Delivery Inspection to be done by themselves with a report to be sent to us, and we would confirm or add to that after moving in. Seemed fair, considering the COVID threat they want to avoid contact with multiple folks. It would be quite uncomfortable for us too.

Looks like the scheduled occupancy dates will be pushed back. Has anyone heard directly from the builder in this regard?

No change for us though. We get the keys by next week. Although, they haven't confirmed when we can move in. Most likely, we will take some time.

The only change was that they wanted the Pre-Delivery Inspection to be done by themselves with a report to be sent to us, and we would confirm or add to that after moving in. Seemed fair, considering the COVID threat they want to avoid contact with multiple folks. It would be quite uncomfortable for us too.

Thanks, for this helpful information.

I was under the impression that they would not be doing these PDIs/occupancies given this state of emergency in City or Toronto and lock downs etc.

Quick follow up question: Normally, the keys are given on the day when you officially get occupancy (on which they should officially allow you to move in).
In your case, they will be giving you the keys next week but not sure when they will allow to move in. So I was curious: Are they giving you the keys prior to the official occupancy date? Or they will allow you to move in after the occupancy date? Thanks.

They will only give the keys on the occupancy date. I don't think they want to delay that (they start charging rent starting that date).

I think we would be allowed to move in after the occupancy date. We don't yet. I will let you know by Thursday.

Quick follow up question: Normally, the keys are given on the day when you officially get occupancy (on which they should officially allow you to move in).
In your case, they will be giving you the keys next week but not sure when they will allow to move in. So I was curious: Are they giving you the keys prior to the official occupancy date? Or they will allow you to move in after the occupancy date? Thanks.

They will only give the keys on the occupancy date. I don't think they want to delay that (they start charging rent starting that date).

I think we would be allowed to move in after the occupancy date. We don't yet. I will let you know by Thursday.

I just received an email from the builder indicating that "occupancy date must be postponed until further notice". No new date has been given.

Sorry about that. I think they probably were able to get some units ready but were stuck after Covid related closures. We did get out keys but have lots of small issues with our unit for which we would need to go through the Tarion warranty form. I think it may not be a bad idea to have a slightly later closing date if they can fix all the problems. You get to make claims either within 30 days of the closing date or it seems like 11 months later (before the 1 year Tarion warranty limit).

I just received an email from the builder indicating that "occupancy date must be postponed until further notice". No new date has been given.

Sorry about that. I think they probably were able to get some units ready but were stuck after Covid related closures. We did get out keys but have lots of small issues with our unit for which we would need to go through the Tarion warranty form. I think it may not be a bad idea to have a slightly later closing date if they can fix all the problems. You get to make claims either within 30 days of the closing date or it seems like 11 months later (before the 1 year Tarion warranty limit).

Congrats for getting the new unit!
and sorry to hear about the noted issues. Hopefully, the issues were not significant enough for you to delay the move-in plans.

Hope things ultimately worked out well for your move in etc.

We are getting our keys next week.

Hello can I ask you guys for your opinions?
I'm a young professional working in the Hospital area.
I'm currently looking to buy a condo to move out - preferably a spacious 1bed or 1bed+den.
I really like the location of this condo but it seems like this condo's being harshly criticized...

Anybody living here at the moment?
Can someone provide me with some feedback on this condo's location and amenities/service?
Thanks!

Hello can I ask you guys for your opinions?
I'm a young professional working in the Hospital area.
I'm currently looking to buy a condo to move out - preferably a spacious 1bed or 1bed+den.
I really like the location of this condo but it seems like this condo's being harshly criticized...

Anybody living here at the moment?
Can someone provide me with some feedback on this condo's location and amenities/service?
Thanks!
Just got an account so I could reply to you :)

I've been living here since the middle of February. I'm a first time home buyer and bought as a reassignment at the end of last year.

From my experience both within my unit and the building as a whole: I would never repurchase from these developers again. The quality feels tenuous at best. When I arrived to view my unit on the 1st day of my occupancy, I was concerned at the get go.

I am also concerned that I can hear the noise of multiple floors above mine. Have been messaging with other residents about this issue due to a lot of the noise issues occurring between midnight and 6am.

Perhaps gather some other opinions, in case someone else has had a better experience?

Location is central which is a big plus!!

Amenities: Still not available ..

Good luck!!!

Just got an account so I could reply to you :)

I've been living here since the middle of February. I'm a first time home buyer and bought as a reassignment at the end of last year.

From my experience both within my unit and the building as a whole: I would never repurchase from these developers again. The quality feels tenuous at best. When I arrived to view my unit on the 1st day of my occupancy, I was concerned at the get go.

I am also concerned that I can hear the noise of multiple floors above mine. Have been messaging with other residents about this issue due to a lot of the noise issues occurring between midnight and 6am.

Perhaps gather some other opinions, in case someone else has had a better experience?

Location is central which is a big plus!!

Amenities: Still not available ..

Good luck!!!

Wow this is really insightful.

Thank you so much!

I really appreciate it.

I ended up touring a 1 bed with my realtor and I was pretty disappointed too.

I guess i'll keep on searching!

Back