DuEast Condominiums (The Daniels Corp) - Real Estate -

Thank you @noname ...very helpful. Mucho appreciated!

My PDI was exactly two weeks before the sign-off appointment, even the time of day is the same. (Sign-off appointment is the earliest you would get keys, assuming everything else is in order.)

Yes, completely virtual. I was worried about not being able to see clearly enough to catch all the issues, but Anthony is great. He really wants everything to be perfect. He found more (minor) things after our call ended.
Heads up: there is a bunch of paperwork to read, fill out, and sign after the PDI. I spent a good hour going through everything.

Oh just thought of one final question....did your 'firm closing date' stay firm in the last couple of months or did it edge to a later date? Our date is allegedly April 19th but wonder if it will be delayed somewhat? Seems like a vast majority have yet to move in and we are on the highest floors.

I
My PDI was exactly two weeks before the sign-off appointment, even the time of day is the same. (Sign-off appointment is the earliest you would get keys, assuming everything else is in order.)

Yes, completely virtual. I was worried about not being able to see clearly enough to catch all the issues, but Anthony is great. He really wants everything to be perfect. He found more (minor) things after our call ended.
Heads up: there is a bunch of paperwork to read, fill out, and sign after the PDI. I spent a good hour going through everything.

Oh just thought of one final question....did your 'firm closing date' stay firm in the last couple of months or did it edge to a later date? Our date is allegedly April 19th but wonder if it will be delayed somewhat? Seems like a vast majority have yet to move in and we are on the highest floors.

I

My date has stayed the same since November.

I

I have a theory about those with April occupancy dates on lower floors:
Occupancy permits haven't been issued for any Unit 5 or Unit 6 in the West tower. I think these units were used for the hoist during the initial stages of construction. That would mean that those units are being finished last. (Shorter occupancy is kind of a plus!)

Last edited:
I agree it's a plus.... ours ends in a '5' :)
I have a theory about those with April occupancy dates on lower floors:
Occupancy permits haven't been issued for any Unit 5 or Unit 6 in the West tower. I think these units were used for the hoist during the initial stages of building. That would mean that those units are being finished last. (Shorter occupancy is kind of a plus!)

Warning: I just got a phone call that my moving slot was cancelled. This feels like a huge "FU" when I have turned in all the occupancy forms exactly as I was told. AHHHHHHHH! 😢

So...did they explain why? And when was your scheduled moving date, and what is it now?

Warning: I just got a phone call that my moving slot was cancelled. This feels like a huge "FU" when I have turned in all the occupancy forms exactly as I was told. AHHHHHHHH! 😢

So...did they explain why? And when was your scheduled moving date, and what is it now?

Apparently my booking was only tentative. I was told that submitting the elevator booking form by email was enough. But apparently that wasn't true. I'm so frustrated! If I had know, I would have dropped off the form months ago; I am regularly in the neighbourhood.

My move was supposed to happen in a few days. I have everything booked: movers, internet, ending my current lease, etc. I have given them a 48 hour window during which I must move. Hopefully they figure something out! And let's hope I can get movers on short notice!

Apparently my booking was only tentative. I was told that submitting the elevator booking form by email was enough. But apparently that wasn't true. I'm so frustrated! If I had know, I would have dropped off the form months ago; I am regularly in the neighbourhood.

My move was supposed to happen in a few days. I have everything booked: movers, internet, ending my current lease, etc. I have given them a 48 hour window during which I must move. Hopefully they figure something out! And let's hope I can get movers on short notice!

I emailed just yesterday to confirm. As of 22 hours ago, there was nothing wrong with my booking. WTF?!?!

I emailed just yesterday to confirm. As of 22 hours ago, there was nothing wrong with my booking. WTF?!?!

Another follow-up phone call: Builder is using the elevator on weekdays until 2pm move building materials. Heads up to anyone planning to move in on weekdays!

I've managed to snag some moving time at the end of the day. Phew! Now I just need to hope that my moving company can be flexible.

I have moved in! I am posting a few photos for anyone thinking about logistics.

Amenities hallway. Can't see much yet, but it looks spacious.
20210220_175302.jpg

Guest suite is located on the third floor. Did anyone know we would have a guest suite? I don't remember seeing it on any amenities list.
20210220_175416.jpg

The "Potting Shed and Storage" is on the 4th floor.
20210220_175514.jpg

This is the moving elevator. Be warned: there are a few doors between the moving elevator and the loading dock. It took my movers a bit longer to unload than they expected. But still finished in less than two hours (which is the maximum booking time). The plywood is a plus to me; it means you don't have to worry about damaging the elevator when moving in.
20210220_175213.jpg

The elevator button system was new to me. If you want to go to the 10th floor, there is no "10" button to press, instead you press "1" and "0." I'm getting used to it but I make sure to give a heads up to anyone coming to my unit.
20210220_175702.jpg

Storage unit! (There's not much to see in the photo.) It's approximately 6 ft by 3ft.
Insist on being shown your storage unit (if applicable) during your sign-off appointment. I wandered for a while before finding mine.
20210220_174837-1.jpg

Parking: pretty typical, but just in case you're wondering.
20210220_174711.jpg

And lastly, tonight's sunset:
20210220_182536.jpg

Attachments

• 20210220_175728.jpg
    20210220_175728.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 205
  • 20210220_175302.jpg
    20210220_175302.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 213
I have moved in! I am posting a few photos for anyone thinking about logistics.

Amenities hallway. Can't see much yet, but it looks spacious.
View attachment 300941

Guest suite is located on the third floor. Did anyone know we would have a guest suite? I don't remember seeing it on any amenities list.
View attachment 300943

The "Potting Shed and Storage" is on the 4th floor.
View attachment 300936

This is the moving elevator. Be warned: there are a few doors between the moving elevator and the loading dock. It took my movers a bit longer to unload than they expected. But still finished in less than two hours (which is the maximum booking time). The plywood is a plus to me; it means you don't have to worry about damaging the elevator when moving in.
View attachment 300939

The elevator button system was new to me. If you want to go to the 10th floor, there is no "10" button to press, instead you press "1" and "0." I'm getting used to it but I make sure to give a heads up to anyone coming to my unit.
View attachment 300938

Storage unit! (There's not much to see in the photo.) It's approximately 6 ft by 3ft.
Insist on being shown your storage unit (if applicable) during your sign-off appointment. I wandered for a while before finding mine.
View attachment 300942

Parking: pretty typical, but just in case you're wondering.
View attachment 300944

And lastly, tonight's sunset:
View attachment 300945
Thanks so much for posting these!! The hallway looks really modern without being trendy. So excited to have that view!!!

Thanks so much for posting these!! The hallway looks really modern without being trendy. So excited to have that view!!!
Anything else that you are wondering about? I remember that there were so many little things that I wanted to know before moving in. (There's no reason this information needs to secret in my book.)

Back