News   May 17, 2024
 1.8K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Downtown Orlando Revisited - The Winter Edition

Ronald

Member Bio
Reaction score
Over the past few months, a huge pile of photos of Florida cities has accumulated on my computer. I'm trying to work my way through this backlog of picture threads before I make two trips to the NorthEast in the coming weeks. I'll post another thread on Celebration (a New Urbanist Heaven?) and one potpourri thread (including Jacksonville and Key West) before heading to Ithaca, NY on March 25th and Philadelphia on April 5th.

In August, I posted a thread on Orlando

A little over two weeks ago I was in Downtown again, and strolled around for a bit and took these pictures. I had already covered most of downtown the last time around, so I don't have much new stuff to show. I did try to capture the area from different perspectives. However, enjoy these pics of one of Florida's main urban centres.

IMG_1914.jpg

IMG_1916.jpg

IMG_1919.jpg

IMG_1920.jpg

IMG_1924.jpg

Time to stop for a beer from The Fatherland.
IMG_1925.jpg

IMG_1926.jpg

IMG_1928.jpg

IMG_1929.jpg

IMG_1934.jpg

IMG_1938.jpg

IMG_1940.jpg

I liked this. Why should we even reserve huge lots of land for supermarkets, when we can shove 'em under appartment towers instead?
IMG_1947.jpg

Gotta love those swampy trees!
IMG_1950.jpg

IMG_1951.jpg

Fin.

Last edited:
And where are the pictures from Disney World?? ;) jks (jokes!)
Orlando really does have some nice buildings. What's the river that goes through that's in a few of the pics??

Orlando,Florida: Downtown area pics...

Ronald: Good group of pics from Orlando,Florida! I remember going down to Central Florida back in May 1982 to visit basically Disney World with my family. I unfortunately never made it Downtown even though I really wanted to explore it. I have not been back to that area since.

Downtown Orlando looks interesting but it looks like it lacks pedestrian traffic to some extent like some US Sunbelt cities I have visited. It looked like a nice day to explore Orlando and see the City...LI MIKE

Back