Distinction Condos (Lash Group) - Real Estate -

I don't believe that heating is included in the maintenance fees but I could be mistaken...

I asked the senior property manager and he said that the heating is through gas. Since gas is included in the maintenance, heating would also be included. You would only be using electricity when you're using the air conditioner. If someone hears otherwise, please let me know.

Heating and cooling are included in your maintenance. You would be charged when you use the fan on your HVAC system.

I checked the thermostat and there is no way to turn off the fan. It is either auto, low, medium, or high. Am I to assume that whenever I change the temperature, the fan will kick in and I will be charged for that? Is the fan what is used for heating and cooling?

You are charged for any electricity used in your suite. The fan moves the air around. In Auto, your fan coil will climb and descend to the selected temperature as required.

You are charged for any electricity used in your suite. The fan moves the air around. In Auto, your fan coil will climb and descend to the selected temperature as required.

So if I change the temperature to be warmer or cooler, it will use the fan and that will result in electricity being used? If that is the case, then it seems to me that heating and cooling is not included in the maintenance.

So if I change the temperature to be warmer or cooler, it will use the fan and that will result in electricity being used? If that is the case, then it seems to me that heating and cooling is not included in the maintenance.
If you end up finding out the answer let us know here please!

Just a heads up that if anyone is looking to lease a suite in the building we are handling it on behalf of the builder during the interim occupancy period.

I can be reached at 416-781-3232 or Mitch@Hersh.ca. Thanks.

If you end up finding out the answer let us know here please!
Essentially, you are paying for the fan to distribute the hot and cold air. You are not actually paying for the heating or cooling, but the distribution of it (if that makes sense). As a result, the cost of electricity should be lower. I'm not sure if you have a point of reference, but I paid $45 for electricity for a month without really trying to conserve any energy (one bedroom + "den").

Would anyone living at Distinction Condos right now be able to share how the free internet is? Did you end up having to call a service provider to set up your own internet to supplement? Wondering if it's good enough for families working from home with frequent video conferencing on multiple devices.

Thanks!

Would anyone living at Distinction Condos right now be able to share how the free internet is? Did you end up having to call a service provider to set up your own internet to supplement? Wondering if it's good enough for families working from home with frequent video conferencing on multiple devices.

Thanks!
It's the fastest internet available through Bell (1.5Gbps). It is also pre-wired so you can connect via ethernet in different parts of the apartment. Bell should contact you prior to occupancy.

It's the fastest internet available through Bell (1.5Gbps). It is also pre-wired so you can connect via ethernet in different parts of the apartment. Bell should contact you prior to occupancy.
Thanks for sharing! Would you be able to share your experience? Any issues with the internet speed? If you work from home, any issues with video calls? Thanks again!

Back