News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 587     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 885     0 

Distillery District

Green Panda closed, with Aisle24 set to open several months later.
91C19BEA-F13F-4CC7-AE74-6DA59A77A3C2.jpeg

Fermenting cellar getting renovated for the last while, and you know it must be serious cuz it’s cutting into wedding season.

They demolished the ramp, and I guess will replace it?
IMG_2558.jpeg

Looks like they’re starting to take down some of the netting/hoarding. And at least one business (a stationary store) is advertising what seems to be a location IN the Case Goods building.

IMG_1356.jpeg

Hoarding come down. Little melancholy to see them chipping the logos if the previous arts tenants off the glass. But it seems as though those ground floor units will be stores
IMG_3098.jpeg
IMG_3103.jpeg

Boreal College set to open next week. Taken 1 September.

I did a search to learn more about this project and found this page:

A couple things confuse me off the top... this is a "temporary" campus? Temporary until they move somewhere totally different, or are they still planning to movie into that new "ribbon" building? Is that what I've noticed currently under construction behind the Distillery, or is that something else?

It also suggests there will be direct access from the new Ontario Line subway into the campus, but as I understand it, there will be no Distillery station. The closest will be the Corktown stop a block or two away. I imagine this information is just out-of-date?

A couple things confuse me off the top... this is a "temporary" campus? Temporary until they move somewhere totally different, or are they still planning to movie into that new "ribbon" building? Is that what I've noticed currently under construction behind the Distillery, or is that something else?

It also suggests there will be direct access from the new Ontario Line subway into the campus, but as I understand it, there will be no Distillery station. The closest will be the Corktown stop a block or two away. I imagine this information is just out-of-date?
Ya, that “direct access” line was super questionable and funny nobody has corrected it since. But I believe it’s in the ribbon building, if and when that’s still on the table. Maybe the “direct access” will be via tunnel ventilation as it passes it by.

As far as temporary campuses go, this is a pretty good location. Will definitely add some vitality to the neighbourhood on weekday mornings and afternoons.

Back