News   Jul 16, 2024
 50     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 819     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 955     1 

Dion commits $70-billion over 10 years for infrastructure

I don't know why this announcement hasn't made a bigger splash. It seems like a big deal to me. Something we've all been waiting for.

CC: nobody else is falling for this...
Virtually overnight, the Liberals slumped in the polls after releasing their platform and the Tories regained 3 points, and continue to climb. The most recent Nanos poll shows a jump in all areas of the country, save battleground Ontario, which shows a slight Tory gain. They are now dominating in Atlantic Canada, the West, and Harper’s leadership index increased by 14 points overnight.

Conservatives - 38% (+3)
Liberals - 27% (-3)
NDP - 21% (-1)
Bloc Quebecois - 8% (+1)
Green Party - 6% (No Change)

The Liberal campaign has been a complete disaster and continues to crumble. The release of their platform has been a complete failure because they just can’t seem to grasp the fact that Canadians are sick of their reused and recycled election promises, the smear and fear campaigns, and their overall contempt for the Canadian voter. The Green Shift doesn’t matter to Canadians. Effective leadership does, and that’s coming from Prime Minister Stephen Harper and his Tories.

The release of their platform has been a complete failure because they just can’t seem to grasp the fact that Canadians are sick of their reused and recycled election promises, the smear and fear campaigns, and their overall contempt for the Canadian voter.

..... are you describing the Liberals or the Conservatives there?

Smear and fear campaign:
-Harper begins attack ads on Dion at Superbowl 2007
-Harper continues said attack ads throughout 2007 and 2008
-Harper uses Oily the Splot to spread lies about the Liberal Green Shift
-Harper launches NotALeader.ca, nothing but a smear campaign

Reused and recycled election promises:
-From what I can tell, the Liberal platform seems to have more new ideas than old

Overall contempt for the Canadian voter:
-Harper: "I intend to govern for four years, if the opposition parties want to get together and end this Parliament, they have the right to do so" - Harper ends Parliament
-Harper: Ontario is the last place a business would want to invest
-Harper shuts down committees to keep them from doing their work
-Harper shields himself from the free press by using the RCMP (not allowed)
-Harper shields his candidates from the free press by using the RCMP (not allowed)
-Harper centralizes power into the PMO
-Harper makes key policy announcements that could be contentious on Friday afternoons
-Harper bullies the civil service, fires independent members of commissions

...and I can go on and on and on.

Turns out that for the first 4 years infrastructure funding is the same for both parties...$22 billion. The Liberal plan for year 5 onwards.

Back