News   Jun 25, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.7K     3 

Design review panel hiring an engineer

College Park

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm the wrong type of engineer to apply - a UT portfolio of opinion and knowledge doesn't count as professional experience for some reason. However, one of the forum members might be a PEng and interested and capable - see posting below.

East Toronto
City of Toronto Design Review Panel

Call for Members

PEO is seeking applications from PEO membership to place forward to the City of Toronto, Planning Division for Engineer Position on the Design Review Panel. In its advisory role, the Design Review Panel provides objective, professional advice to City staff about urban design policy and applications for proposed public and private development. The Panel’s goal is to improve people’s quality of life by promoting design excellence within the public realm, including the pursuit of high quality architecture, landscape architecture, urban design and environmental sustainability.

The panel will be composed of architects, landscape architects and one engineer with expertise in providing sustainable and environmentally progressive transportation or building site design advice.

The new members would start participation at the beginning of 2011. The Panel meets during regular business hours up to a maximum of 15 afternoons per year. Appointment to the Panel is for a 2 year term.

Criteria for consideration:

minimum of 15 years relevant professional experience in sustainable and environmentally progressive transportation or building design
solid understanding of the municipal planning system and development economics
ability to clear communicate and discuss design issues related to their profession
member in good standing with the Associations
LEED certification is an asset
All candidates proposed to the City of Toronto must be licensed professional engineers in good standing with the Association.
If you have the right skill set, and are interested in joining the City of Toronto- Design Review Panel, please submit the PEO Application Form and your current resume (2-3 pages) to: volunteering@peo.on.ca.

Click for application form

The submission deadline is Monday, November 1, 2010

Not enough years of experience.

I find this line a bit ironic: "ability to clear communicate".

I thought about doing this (could be fun), the problem is (and I'd imagine other people face this issue) that in order to have the right skill set to do the work wou need to be in the development industry somehow, and you'd end up with lots of conflicts of interest.

Back