386     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 964     1 

Design plans

lee

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hey,

I was wondering what everyone thought of how I'm arranging my place which I'm moving into next week. I'm a dancer, so the front part of the place is doubling as a dance studio with the southern wall mirrored.

I already have the furniture, but the sizes on this rendering are only approximate. Can't afford building walls, or redo floors right now, but would like your thoughts anyways. Also any suggestions on lighting?

Approximately 945sqft
11ft ceiling
Expose ducts and piping
Concrete floors
Southern wall is concrete

1q.png

2q.png

3q.png

together.png

Cheers!
LP

I do. Westside Gallery or more likely Triangle Arts Lofts (have several friends moving in there). I like the plan you have!

does your bathroom have a ceiling? If so, you could use the space above for storage or possibly some cool lighting effects for your entire loft.

Your place looks much larger than 945 s.f. and has lots of potential.
You could inexpensively stain your concrete floors until you could afford to put wood or laminate down.
Having a curtain partition between your bedroom and living room will allow you to close off the bedroom area when you have guests over.

Your layout is great!

There really isn't much I could suggest. While you could play around with moving the head of the bed against the west wall, I prefer the way you have it right now. It's roomy, spacious, and I imagine you could potentially watch TV from bed.

I imagine you'll have mirrors in the front area. I can picture a dramatic large peice of artwork leaned against the wall behind the armchair on the west side and something else large and dramatic hanging over the bed. This will give great character to a very open and spacious layout.

It's a great floor plan for living and working with the kitchen serving as a partition between the two. Nice!

Thanks for all the great feedback.

The dead space on the right side will be a dance studio, which is why it looks empty. It doubles as an office when not in use which is why the desk is there.

does your bathroom have a ceiling? If so, you could use the space above for storage or possibly some cool lighting effects for your entire loft.

Your place looks much larger than 945 s.f. and has lots of potential.
You could inexpensively stain your concrete floors until you could afford to put wood or laminate down.
Having a curtain partition between your bedroom and living room will allow you to close off the bedroom area when you have guests over.

The bathroom does have a ceiling. I just didn't put it in the rendering. How much is inexpensive is to stain and polish the concrete, my research says it's quite pricey and almost better to just to go straight to hardwood?

I get in this coming Wednesday so hopefully my plans actually fit in. Even though the unit is supposed to be 945, when I got there it felt smaller.

Cheers!

My last loft the laundry room and storage closets were left exposed concrete which was in good condition.
I used Minwax wood stain to stain the concrete, let it sit on the concrete for a few hours and buff off the excess stain off the surface. Then I applied two light coats of acrylic polyurethane in a satin finish.
I used a mixture of red mohogany, ebony and dark walnut coloured stains which created a rich leather-like appearance.

How much is inexpensive is to stain and polish the concrete, my research says it's quite pricey and almost better to just to go straight to hardwood?

I get in this coming Wednesday so hopefully my plans actually fit in. Even though the unit is supposed to be 945, when I got there it felt smaller.

Cheers!

I believe it's about $2/ft for polishing/staining. Don't worry about it feeling small. Whenever you enter a new space it feels small, especially when empty as there's nothing for the eye to compare with. As soon as you start putting furniture in, it'll open up!

Back