News   May 13, 2024
 414     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 627     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 1K     1 

Deamalgamation for Toronto and Hamilton?

• Total voters
How about incorporating every area of Ontario into two cities: Toronto and Ottawa? That sounds as good as what you proposed.

Unwarranted sarcasm.

Since the 905 is inarguably linked with Toronto both economically and culturally, it only makes sense to create a common government so that inter-regional issues can be dealt with more effectively. That was the reason for the creation of Metro Toronto and down the road should be the reason for the creation of a Metro GTA to oversee transit and infrastructure planning for the entire region.

I believe a new Metro Toronto should be created, one that encompasses the entire 905 and into Hamilton.

Hamilton is headed the way of Detroit. In 10 years time you will see tumbleweeds rolling down the streets.

Why would rich Toronto want anything to do with poor Hamilton?

But you are perfectly ok with people from downtown making decisions for the suburbs? Say Etobicoke or Scarborough? It almost make me think we need a two tier system like the US. A senate with 2 senators from each community and a congress with proportional representation. Ah, the mistrust.

Not okay with that either. But we have 44 councillors that have to represent those areas.

I'd say abolish the Metro govt. that is now the City of Toronto, re-establish the old municipalities and have a GTA-wide regional govt.

Back