176     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 284     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1K     0 

David Miller does VF

N

nassauone

Vanity Fair's green issue just came out and though it was not printed on recycled paper (Conde Nast is a cheap bunch, eh?) it was nice to see them give props to Canada and to be more particular, David Miller and Toronto. On page 181 in a spread titled The Men From City Hall, Miller poses with Daly (Chi), Diaz (Mia), O'Malley (Bal), Nickels (Sea) and Newsom (SF).

"Our neighbours to the north certainly seem to get it: Canada ratified the Kyoto protocol, and its largest city, Toronto, run by David Miller, was voted Low Carbon Leader in 2005 by the climate group, an independent British orginization..."

That in conjunction with the Cosmopolitan hotal ranking makes me think that someone at city hall is paying off old Si Newhouse Jr. and crew!!!

Congrats!

Having Graydon Carter in the driver's seat at VF doesn't hurt, either.

Yeah. One would hope he would give props to his homeland but I often think he could really care less about it.

Ya, Canada doesn't get too much mention in VF. But under Carter it's relentlessly anti-Bush, so that's nice. I'll keep subscribing.

That's funny, considering Carter is driving around Manhattan in an SUV. Oh, the irony...

True, but he (well, his minions at least) get to lunch in a Frank Gehry cafeteria. God bless Si!

Hey, the missus (Victoria Newhouse) is an architectural scholar...

There is some resemblance
carterballs.jpg
mayor_miller.jpg

Back