News   Sep 04, 2024
 396     0 
News   Sep 04, 2024
 1.3K     4 
News   Sep 04, 2024
 541     1 

Cycling infrastructure (Separated bike lanes)

There are actual counting mechanisms and studies such as the Pedal Poll in places you do your “studies” that refute your claims, but you never acknowledge those. How about sources for all of your claims, not just some? Pretty amazing how you spend 100 hours over 3 days when there are only 72 hours in that time frame. But I guess that’s just another example of the accuracy and reliability of your studies.
I'll re word it, since I realize it sounds a bit ambiguous. The footage starts at 6AM and runs till about 7PM. That's 13 hours of video x3 days, since I'm counting thousands of objects I have to pause, then note the vehicle mode/direction into excel.

I have to either pause to count, or watch 5 mins in 1 direction, note the vehicles, rewind and count the opposite direction. It took a lot more work than I was expecting TBH.

This guy cracks me up with his "studies". 🤣

You can bike effectively in the winter when bike paths are separated from traffic and they're ploughed after it snows. If subarctic Finns can bike effectively in the winter than so can Canadians in a relatively temperate city like Toronto.
The city did a single before count on the roads in question, and then did 3 counts all on sunny peak cycling weather days in April and May. For a city with 120 days a year with rain, and warm summers this seems like a huge thing to miss in a study. Their next count is for October. I don't see anything planned for December, or January.

The cities own website says to expect only 20% of the summer numbers in the winter. I am not against bike lanes, I use bike share, and I support grade separated bike lanes. If the city was to take away some of the grass on the west side of the road and make a multi use trail (which they did on the north end) I think this would be a win for everyone.

How am I trolling? I've given sources for some of my claims, and unlike others I'm not throwing insults at people. I go out in the real world and have spend dozens of hours collecting data to share here. The 3 days of sifting through footage took me over 100 hours....
Nobody asked you to waste your private time like that - do you think we owe you something?

Back