News   Jul 26, 2024
 308     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 815     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 707     1 

Cycling infrastructure (Separated bike lanes)

That's a huge jump in logic, assuming the equipment was unpermited. The construction, if I remember, was for the new upgraded westbound bike lane!
We don’t allow construction firms to cut sewer lines or water mains. Why are they allowed to cut bike lanes? The city should mandate that bike lanes and sidewalks must never be cut off by construction. If you need to block space to facilitate construction, then you must install temporary yet still separated bike lanes and sidewalks. Block the car lanes if necessary.

I had hoped that The Esplanade bike track would be upgraded this year when the current watermain and sewer project is completed but Cycling just told me:

"Regarding the bike track work on The Esplanade, the quick build cycle track east of Lower Sherbourne will be restored following the completion of the watermain construction.

In phase 3 of the project, which is planned for 2025 – 2026, the City will be upgrading the bikeways from west of George Street to Berkeley Street to more seamlessly integrate with the streetscape. This work will be done in conjunction with the David Crombie Park Revitalization. SEE: https://www.toronto.ca/community-pe...structure-projects/the-esplanade-mill-street/ " This work includes:
  • Raising the bikeway to sidewalk level
  • Raised pedestrian and bicycle crossings of local streets
  • Intersection upgrades at Lower Jarvis Street and Lower Sherbourne Street.

Back