News   May 13, 2024
 549     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 639     0 

Cresford's supposed poor reputation?

onfence

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm interested in NXT but then I did more research on this forum and heard so many bad things about this developer: are they all valid or have they improved since then? Why would reputable fashion houses link up with them if they are so bad? I'm trying to figure out whether or not to take the plunge in one of their units. Thanks.

I'm aquainted with one of Cresford's old customer service reps. It's true, that in the past, Cresford was appalling. The most recent project related to this person's experience was Windermere by the Lake. It's possible, merely judging by what Casa's purchasers have said, that their customer service department has learned their lessons! Ask Casaguy....

I'm aquainted with one of Cresford's old customer service reps. It's true, that in the past, Cresford was appalling. The most recent project related to this person's experience was Windermere by the Lake. It's possible, merely judging by what Casa's purchasers have said, that their customer service department has learned their lessons! Ask Casaguy....

I purchased at CASA, it's my first condo purchase so I have nothing to compare it to however from what I've learned talking to others and through this forum they've been excellent on this project. Personally I have had a very good experience as well considering that I was also one of the first people to move in and had to deal with elevator and fire alarm issues. They had a couple of nice purchaser information events prior to occupancy. They also provided nice move in gifts and my suite was completed with only a couple of very minor deficiancies that have been fixed without any problems. I have heard of others with many more deficiancies and more serious ones but also heard that they did a fantastic job of fixing them all right away. So I would say that they have learned and improved things, however I've heard that their project BSN across the street is a whole nother story.

I was also interested in NXT but after my experience with CASA, I will not have anything to do with Cresford. I had 50 major defficiencies listed on my 30 day Tarion form, and was unable to live in my unit. I moved in in February, but they painted my ceiling and did the floor last month. The floor in the bathroom is still severely damaged, and they suggested to put it on my year end form, which means I would have to wait another year for it to be fixed. They are extreamely desorganized, and the craftsmanship is poor. Apparently they had only few professional people working in some of the units, and those units are nicely done. Most of the units, however have many defficiencies, I am not sure whom did they hire, but later they had to emply professionals to fix everything. Also uprages turned out not what they were supposed to be, and it is hard to argue with this, because Tarion does not want to look at the design issues. For example, I paid for integrated appliances, and they are not integrated, and Tarion will not do anything about it. Also, the elevator glass is still badly damaged, and they are not in a hurry to fix it. I have a great view and location, but the workmanship is terrible. I would not recoment Cresford to anyone.

I was a purchaser at CASA.. Cresford was amazing to deal with.. Very good customer service and things issues were addressed quickly.

did u see the post on here by the guy who suffered water damage from the unit above and had mold growing in his suite !?!?!

I purchased from Cresford at a project prior to their building Casa. I would never recommend them to anyone. Horrible experience. Only screaming and yelling at them move them to address deficiencies (and there were lots of them: kitchen had to be replaced 3 times, etc.) They have nothing but contempt for their customers. Take your money and run to another developer.

Back