News   Jul 16, 2024
 96     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 461     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 570     2 

Crate and Barrel

they need to bring a store to CP3 Aura. then all the condo owners in the surrounding area can furnish their units without stepping outside. bed, bath and beyond, de'boers and crate+barrel all in one location? a decorator/renovator's dream...

I'd rather an urban IKEA. Crate & Barrel sells uninspired crap from what I've seen in their catologue online.

I'd rather an urban IKEA. Crate & Barrel sells uninspired crap from what I've seen in their catologue online.

the catalogue online does not do the store any justice. take a walk through the actual store in Yorkdale and you will find that a lot of their furniture and accessories are very well made. imo ikea makes very poor quality/material furniture. yes it looks great in appearance, but you get what you pay for in quality

Love Room & Board. They have another brand called 'Retrospect' which is influenced by a more traditional aesthetic, if that's your thing.

No, you really must go in person to see their line. The textiles are very good quality for the price and blow Ikea out of the water. Their main floor furniture is Ikea-quality (maybe a little nicer) but their upstairs furniture is substantially better, so there's a range to choose from.

No, you really must go in person to see their line. The textiles are very good quality for the price and blow Ikea out of the water. Their main floor furniture is Ikea-quality (maybe a little nicer) but their upstairs furniture is substantially better, so there's a range to choose from.

I guess I will have to then, because their catalog does them no justice at all. I never really go to Yorkdale though, so who knows when that will be.

The quality is fine, but the furniture and general decor is very blah-contemporary. I wish it was a CB2.

Keeping in mind the outrageous mark-ups that Canadian locations of US stores are adding, those of us who were familiar with Crate & Barrel in the States loved it as a go-to place for reasonably priced, nicely styled furniture and housewares. If you needed that right colour tablecloth for a last-minute dinner party or some cool glasses etc. you could zip over to C&B and would be sure to find something and you didn't need to take out a second mortgage. C&B in Yorkdale just feels like it is shooting to be too high-end for what it is supposed to be.

As for mark-ups I bought a curtain rod at Pottery Barn and found it was priced at about $50.00 more than the US catalogue price. The mark-up turned a reasonably priced item into a pricey one. When I complained I was told frankly that mark-ups on items can be as high as 200%.

Back