News   Jul 12, 2024
 872     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 779     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 327     0 

Corktown District (King & Sumach, Streetcar, to 6s, Quadrangle)

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
I'm not an expert in construction, so I don't know if this is normal for new buildings but all the Streetcar condos seen to have a lot of defects. I don't know if these condos are finished on the outside or if they will be repaired when finished. The concrete is chipped, discoloured and broken in all the buildings, yet the areas that have brick, seem to be in good shape. Is concrete really that fragile?

I can't believe a condo developer would leave the buildings this way but this is what it looks like so far. (It's been like this for a number of months now)[video=youtube;MYdIFgrd1d4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYdIFgrd1d4[/video]

Have those buildings registered though? Perhaps the developer will fix everything up when it gets warmer?

With that said, I pass by this area about once a week and try to like these buildings, but they look so bland and cheapish. Doesn't Streetcar have a good rep though? If so, I'm sure they're not finished working on the aesthetics.

Unlikely. They seem only to do the minimum necessary. The no parking signs at 569King had been vandalized and all they did was to try and straighten it. I dont think it would have cost them alot to replace and maybe use two extra screw to bolt the corners down to prevent this sort of thing happening.

Aug 29
6099697319_b423b40160_b.jpg

6099697835_7f22fbc2af_b.jpg

6099699191_cf066106ab_b.jpg

6099701571_4fc2942551_b.jpg

6100248066_8dbf74fe55_b.jpg

this building looks fantastic! many more of these on our main streets please! the little white duplex in Drum's first photo now looks sadly out of place and needs to disappear...

Funny, I was thinking the opposite of you RR today. I was thinking--damn--that little white Ontario-style duplex is really begging for some tlc and it could become a real gem. I really like the one with the green front porch--but in East Hamilton you can find these for under $100k.:D

Judging by the large windows in the new building directly over the white duplex, it's not going anywhere soon, either.

They have just applied for this Building permit - seems a bit odd to me to be re-roofing (nad re-cladding) the building just after it's built.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5A 1M4

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 12 113371 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Jan 27, 2012

Project: Apartment Building Re-Roofing/Re-Cladding

Description: Permit to review installed green roof on existing apartment building

Back