News   May 03, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 694     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 314     0 

Corktown District (King & Sumach, Streetcar, to 6s, Quadrangle)

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
I haven't heard anything but the buttons have been installed...

..and they light up!

The real question is: Does anyone know when these badboys are supposed to be registered?

I haven't heard anything but the buttons have been installed...

..and they light up!

The real question is: Does anyone know when these badboys are supposed to be registered?

Thanks for the update... I haven't heard anything either re: closing. I also wish they would just hurry up and finish bricking the building.

I think the two buildings on King at Sumach turned out really well - they've single-handedly transformed this formerly dreary stretch. The phase at King and River is well underway.

Attachments

• IMG_1043.jpg
    IMG_1043.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_1055.jpg
    IMG_1055.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_1051.jpg
    IMG_1051.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_1056.jpg
    IMG_1056.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_1054.jpg
    IMG_1054.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_1052.jpg
    IMG_1052.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_1040.jpg
    IMG_1040.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_1050.jpg
    IMG_1050.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 301
Just way too bland for my liking. Probably should have used a different color brick. Looks like low income howsing...not that it's a diss...but you don't expect that look when you're paying $300k for a shoebox.

While they're too bland for my liking as well, I had always thought that Phase 1's main goal was to incorporate itself into the nature of Corktown District as it is today as opposed to jump out into the forefront. I think they fit. Kind of bland, yes, but they fit. I think everyone is going to be very impressed with how it all comes together once Phase 2 is built. Then as further development in this area takes place this is going to eventually become a very nice neighbourhood.

The townhomes on Bright Street are definitely lacklustre and don't fit in stylistically, but you could hardly expect them to have copied and re-created the style of the historic houses crammed on that little street. If they had, people here would be screaming bloody murder of the awful faux that had invaded this quaint little lane.

While I like the brick, there is way too much of it and lacking in detailing. The angled corner of the building should be of a different material.
I really like the tiny slits for windows that flank the corner.
I am assuming the doors on this corner is the building's entry, which looks really weak and very boring (almost like a commercial side door).

Long time lurker here, primarily following this project but this is my first post. Noticed today on the Corktown District website that they have added "lofthouses" to the existing phase 1, 2 and townhouses. Wonder where these will be located or if anyone has any insight into these?

Passed by this develpment today. In person, I'm really not pleased with 52 Sumach. There's so much wrong with this building, I don't know where to start. Very disappointing.

549 is better and so is 569 but the attention to detail just isn't there. I'll have to go by in the summer once everything should be complete.

The one bright spot are the towns behind 549 King. I really like the design. If only Lamb's Riverside project had used this kind of design.

Has anyone heard when these buildings are supposed to be registered? It seems to be taking forever!

Site Visit Dec 3rd

Click for full size.
I like how they did the laneway and it looks a lot better. Still a fair amount of work to be done yet.
<p>640 King E</p>

<p>569 King E</p>

<p>549 King E</p>

<p>Sumack</p>

Has anyone heard when these buildings are supposed to be registered? It seems to be taking forever!

I recently asked the question of Streetcar and received a 'stock' answer about it being a City process...they are expecting the building to register in early 2011.

Noticed a new update while picking up mail. Wait for it...Streetcar expects registration within the next few months. Yup, same old story...

And finally for some good news...just received a call from my mortgage broker indicating that he has been told that registration for Phase 1 of Corktown District is expected by the end of January 2011 with closings at the end of Jan / early February.

Back