News   Jul 11, 2024
 428     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 561     1 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 708     0 

Corktown District (King & Sumach, Streetcar, to 6s, Quadrangle)

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
Shoring and Excavation are underway on 569 King E but 549 King E is still a parking lot for Streetcar and 52 Sumach is dirt and storage. Supposedly it is next in line for shoring and excavation. My whole house shook the last two days when they were breaking up some concrete pad on site below ground level at 569.

Shoring and Excavation are underway on 569 King E but 549 King E is still a parking lot for Streetcar and 52 Sumach is dirt and storage. Supposedly it is next in line for shoring and excavation. My whole house shook the last two days when they were breaking up some concrete pad on site below ground level at 569.

I think they finished breaking up the concrete pad months ago. The shaking and rumbling is just from moving those heavy machines around. When they were actually working on the concrete floor of the warehouse the shaking was much worse - I thought our building was going to come down (I live in the warehouse that sides onto 596's site) The last couple days have been nothing compared to that!

I'm so glad this is finally happening. The most recent delays were blamed after the extreme weather conditions, but they've been moving steady for about a week now. The Sumach / Bright site seems to be the parking lot for their rigs. They've also been "de-rooting" some of the mature trees, but most of them have in fact been chopped down. Shitty.

They're digging like crazy now, I counted 5 large dump trucks in que on Queen and Sumach, receiving dirt from the 2 large machines.

What is an ETA on a building like this? (~50 units)

I don't know of a specific ETA for a 5-6 storey building of this size, but these should move pretty quickly as there is only 1-2 levels of parking in each building.

Well they have dug pretty far down at 569 King E but the sides are partially shored up and no one has been there for a week. They have only just begun digging at 52 Sumach and 549 King E is still a parking lot. I don't believe there is any parking at the first two sites so yes they aren't intending to go down too deep so it should take as long as if they were going down 3-4 Subfloors. That being said, Streetcar doesn't seem to be the fastest builder out there. They seem to be shuttling their equipment back and forth along King along with the crews.

I was flipping through the latest 'CONDO GUIDE' and noticed an ad that they are 'including parking and locker for a limited time'.

I don't recall seeing that mentioned here or in the prior edition of the mag. I guess some developers are getting aggressive with their discounts. :D

Thought I would provide an update on Corktown District as of today

549 King Street East

569 King East

52 Sumach

Well at least now I don't have to post all the pics I took of these sites on the weekend ;)

Last edited:

Back