News   May 03, 2024
 628     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 300     0 

Concord vs Tridel floor plans?

asiancolossus

Member Bio
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the correct forum but I thought I'd ask people on the forum whether they have much experience looking at floorplans for pre-builds. I bought a townhouse at Concord Park Place in North York, 1500 square feet. I actually posted the plan last October for opinions.

Main floor 755 square feet:
Dining Room 9' x 10'6"
Living Room 11' x 14'
Kitchen 10'3" x 14'4"
Terrace 121 square feet
Powder Room, Storage room sizes not provided by are similar in size from the diagram

Second floor 745 square feet:
Master Bedroom 13' x 9'3"
Second Bedroom 10'4" x 9'5"
Den 11'8" x 6'9"
Two bathrooms (ensuite with shower and bathtub, second with only bathtub) and washer dryer room sizes not provided

I thought this was a decent size, however, since then I've visited a few Tridel developments and have found that they "appear" to have much larger rooms in a smaller space, I don't understand how this is possible. Concord's plans do NOT give the space measurements, I had to ask the salesmen, whereas Tridel's plans are very detailed. For example I saw a 4 bedroom townhouse at 1450 square feet with two bathrooms and the room sizes were not much smaller than my 2 bedroom plus den! I'm starting to get a bit paranoid on space. They always have the disclaimer at the bottom that the real square footage may not be the same when it is built, how can I be sure that I will actually have approximately the square footage they have indicated on the plans and secondly, how is it possible that it seems there is much more space on a smaller unit?? Thanks for any opinions.

could you please re-post your floorplan and the corresponding Tridel plan you referred to.

one could be a squarer footprint, while the other is more rectangular; bathrooms could be larger in one vs other; larger closets, etc ... subtleties like than can make a big difference.

for comparison, my house is 1400SF per builder over 2s ...
3b + d (~9 x 15, 10 x 12, 8.5 x 11.5, 10 x13), 2.5 baths (~5 x 8, 5 x 5),
LR, DR, kitchen about the same sizes as yours.

Last edited:
Thanks CDR, I've attached the floorplan of my unit and I've appended the PDF with the twonhouse which is 1422 square feet from Metrogate, which has extensive dimensions. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. It just seems to me that even at 78 square feet less than my unit, the Tridel unit is HUGE in comparison.

http://www.tridel.com/metrogate-townhomes/th/metrogate_th_floorplans.pdf

Attachments

• scan.jpg
    scan.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 235
Tridel floorplate = 16'6" x 28'9" x 3s

the LR/DR and kitchen are smaller than CPP:
LR/DR = 10'6" x 20'3"
kitchen = 7'6" x 15'0"

Last edited:
Tridel floorplate = 16'6" x 28'9" x 3s

the LR/DR and kitchen are smaller than CPP:
LR/DR = 10'6" x 20'3"
kitchen = 7'6" x 15'0"

Not sure what you mean in terms of conclusions cdr, are you saying that the LR/DR is smaller and hence the upper floors will be smaller too? Of course they have 3 floors instead of my 2, so you'd think each floor would be tiny, but if you look at the dimensions of the rooms, they are very comparable to my two bedrooms. This is what I don't get. Thanks!

CPP has more hallways on each floor than Tridel, but it's a wash b/c of the extra level for Tridel.

The smaller LR/DR/kitchen in the Tridel unit equals ~100 SF which would be equivalent to the size of an extra bedroom.

Back