News   Sep 06, 2024
 2.2K     2 
News   Sep 06, 2024
 1.6K     8 
News   Sep 06, 2024
 601     0 

CN Tower-A new look at an old friend

CN Tower

CN Tower from Tuesday, Febraury 17th, 2009.

cimg1570.jpg

E7: This pic you posted today 5/9 reminds me of the Skylon-and not the CN Tower-due to the size scale with the trees. It looks like it's right there in that park...LI MIKE

Does anyone remember the white donut shape on the bottom of the main observation deck back in the 80's. They came up with some gross idea to sell space for advertising on it. There was a coca-cola sign on it that was lit at night.....didn't last too long, but the image was "burned" onto the white donut for years....it made me so sad...really cheapened the the whole look of the graciousness and style of the tower.

incredible photos of the CN tower mid-construction. it never ceases to amaze me how people can build structures so high (more specifically, how they get materials/cranes/etc up there?!) hehe.

It's hard to believe there was a time when Toronto would build the tallest tower in the world...and that it would hold the title for 30 years. It must've been quite interesting in the city back then, with the CN Tower going up (and a lot of other modern structures just before and after).

Back