News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     1 

CityPlace random shots

JasonParis

Member Bio
Reaction score
A few shots from CityPlace from the other week...

DSCN3434.jpg

DSCN3435-1.jpg

DSCN3436-1.jpg

DSCN3437-1.jpg

DSCN3438-1.jpg

DSCN3439-1.jpg

DSCN3440.jpg

DSCN3441.jpg

Thanks for the pictures.

The underside on the West one amenity floor needs to be painted, otherwise the project turned out Ok.

Didn’t take long for these trees to bite the dust.

DSCN3435-1.jpg

They could try some tall shrubs instead of biennially dying trees.

Is that neat sculpture + fountain at the base of HVE along Bremner? I can't quite place it.

Dead Trees along Spadina/CityPlace

That entire line of trees along the east side of Spadina north of the Gardiner have been dead for over a year. I notice them everytime I enter downtown Toronto. It appears they aren't even going to bother planting trees on the west side of Spadina.

At my last board meeting at the CNE I complained loudly to staff the newly planted trees that are already DEAD around the National Soccer Stadium, they told me the trees come with a one year warranty and they want to wait a while to see if they take root and grow. I'm like are you kidding me? Once a tree is dead, its gone why bother waiting?

Louroz

That grass is always so damn green on the other side!

Actually, there is very little grass left in CityPlace - at least in HVE where many of those photos are taken. Over the past 2 weeks a lot of the grass has been ripped up and a tonne of shrubs and plants have been added. Too bad they didnt concentrate on replacing all the dead shrubs and plants in the existing gardens before adding more.

The grass that does exist in front of the amenities building is almost all dead from the dogs that are constantly walked there. There are now notices up that dogs are not allowed there. The developer installed a dog run in the back.

The sculpture in the "fountain" (I dont like using that word since there is a lack of water movement) is not on Bremner. It is in front of the Amenities building, along Merriner Terrace, at the end of Navy Wharf Court. You can see it from Bremner, but is best experienced once you entre the HVE complex.

Thanks for the pictures.

The underside on the West one amenity floor needs to be painted, otherwise the project turned out Ok.

Didn’t take long for these trees to bite the dust.

DSCN3435-1.jpg

it was my understanding that all new buildings in the city were to provide tree irrigation systems so the trees would not die.

the trees along front street in front of apex/matrix are doing just fine. look quite nice actually.

the "rosa nautica" sculpture in front of west one is looking quite terrible though... didnt take long for it to get all rusty. you cant really tell in the pictures

It may very well be meant to get all rusty and orange. Sculptors generally know the aging behaviours of the media they work with...

Back