News   May 31, 2024
 1K     0 

CityPlace question

robbiedigital

Banned
Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi there,

I was considering moving into my girlfriend's new WestOne condo, and I was wondering if all Cityplace residents had access to the large facility building (gym, basketball court, tennis court, etc.) on the south-east corner?

Is that only for select buildings? It seems rather large to only be for 1 or 2 buildings.

We were also looking into booking a party room and we were told that, although we live in WestOne, we could use the N2 party room.

Basically, I'm a bit confused about the amenity-sharing or lack there of.

Thanks!

The amenities attached to HVE are accessible to residents of the HVE towers only (4 of them). But West One and N2 have some large facilities, too.

Square footage at CityPlace N1

Grey,
You seem well informed about real estate in Toronto.

I just bought a unit at Cityplace N1 but it turned out that my 1,000 sq. ft unit was only 900 sq.ft. Is there any discussion thread on this issue that you could direct me too. Also do you have any information on how to deal with this issue.

I have been in contact with the developer. I have provided a professional survey of the unit but still they claim that the unit is 1000.

Regards,
Ezekiel
647-299-3299

You will need to check your agreement of purchase and sale. Unfortunately these agreements only protect developers. I have an agreement with another developer, which indicates that the dimensions are approximate only, and that in the event the square footage is varied up by up to and including 5%, from those specified in the agreement or sales brochure, the purchaser agrees to accept all variations without notice and claim. If any such variation exceeds 5%, the vendor may (at its sole option) terminate the agreement and the purchaser shall be entitled to a refund of the deposit money only. so, check your agreement, but I am afraid there is nothing you can do in this case.

Grey,
You seem well informed about real estate in Toronto.

I just bought a unit at Cityplace N1 but it turned out that my 1,000 sq. ft unit was only 900 sq.ft. Is there any discussion thread on this issue that you could direct me too. Also do you have any information on how to deal with this issue.

I have been in contact with the developer. I have provided a professional survey of the unit but still they claim that the unit is 1000.

Regards,
Ezekiel
647-299-3299

Ep N1 / Ezekiel,

Not sure where you got the 1000sq measurement, I just checked the N1 website and the biggest floor plan at N1 is 950 WITH the balcony. http://cityplace.ca/n1/

Also keep in mind, Drywall, and load barring walls and balconies are part of the square footage. So its pretty difficult to measure the space once the shell is covered. There could be pipes behind those walls and that's included in the square foot estimation.

Ezekiel, Tarion (the home warranty people) have a bulletin on this. Go to
www.tarion.com/HOME/New+Home+Builders/

Click on "Policies and Guidelines", which will take you to "Builder's Bulletins". You want Bulletin #22. It details how Tarion measures floor areas.

As already mentioned, a variation of up to 5% is accepted. This largely reflects the fact that, in high-rise buildings, actual measurements will vary depending on which level you are on. The Bulletin explains that.

After careful review of this material, if you still feel that something is wrong, go back to your lawyer.

Back