News   May 10, 2024
 364     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 321     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 426     0 

Toronto CityPlace: Montage + Neo (Concord Adex, 47 + 16s, KPMB)

2825661483_cb80175bd2.jpg

[

That's the Sobeys on the left. On the far right an RBC is opening. On the south side as part of The Gallery/N1 a CIBC is opening. So three out of the four corners will be occupied by banks. Will Signature make it four?

PIX ... great photos quality (looks much better than typical phone camera)

I kind of doubt they will change the lobby furniture once the building is completed, given the history of Concord Adex cheaping out on common elements ... feel free to correct me

I took these photos with my
2823659446_a581165b41.jpg
phone.

You could be correct Solaris. I just assumed the furniture would be replaced with something with a little class -that "befits" a reception area;)

I kind of doubt they will change the lobby furniture once the building is completed, given the history of Concord Adex cheaping out on common elements ... feel free to correct me

Doesn't mean the condo board won't replace it. And IMO they almost certainly will.

I wouldn't say concord totally cheaps out on common elements though. Just go take a look at the superclub part of HVE. If anything that thing is overkill. In fact, cityplace condos in general have some of the best ameneties of any buildings in the entire city.

The lobby furniture is in keeping with the whole modernist approach to Neo; I don't mind it at all. I tend to gravitate towards minimalism so that's just my opinion.

There probably needs to be a bit more finish around it for it stand out better for most people.

The problem isn't that it's too minimalist. The problem is that it looks to be of Ikea quality.

I don't know if you can really judge the quality of furniture based on a walk-by camera phone shot taken through a window.

I don't need to be standing next to it to tell that it closely resembles four ARLID armchairs and a KLUBBO coffee table.

I'm sure our assumptions are correct that they'll change it later to something a little less IKEA and a little more KLAUS. The other Cityplace buildings have pretty decent lobby/common furniture purchased from Oni One.

I wouldn't say that they cheap out, although there was a pair of Bottini-style lounge chairs in the Apex buildings reupholstered in green leather at the condo board's expense. They wore through pretty quickly, but I know they aren't cheap to begin with. Optima's similar furniture seems to be holding up pretty well.

I don't need to be standing next to it to tell that it closely resembles four ARLID armchairs and a KLUBBO coffee table.

I don't see the Arild connection in these. They seem more derivitative of the Flight Recliner by Jeffrey Bernett.

Yeah, they look like the Flight Recliner, but with ARLID legs and pleather :/

They could have sprung for genuine ones from DWR down the street, or Knoll further down the street.

I took these photos with my
2823659446_a581165b41.jpg
phone.

You could be correct Solaris. I just assumed the furniture would be replaced with something with a little class -that "befits" a reception area;)

Hi PIX, thank you for the pics, they look great! Really appreciated!

I have now gotten to see the lobby furniture first hand... they look just as cheap in person unfortunately. They have added some lamps now too, these also look cheap. Here's to hoping it improves soon.

Hey im just wondering if there is a possibility of a developer building any new 12-15 story buildings just north of Montage. S/W corner of Spadina and Front and along Front street over the Go train rails all the way to Bathurst St. it sure would look good with some commercial buisness,maybe even a new wide sidewalk.

Back