News   May 28, 2024
 510     0 
News   May 28, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   May 28, 2024
 501     0 

CityPlace, Element and Marriott Residence Inn

imagine living in the Icon building where the 27 storey Gretzky's condo is the focus of your view...

its better than looking at the ugly blue gretzkys building currently there

imagine living in the Icon building where the 27 storey Gretzky's condo is the focus of your view...

Imagine living in the Icon building where a cute Paulina Gretzky lookalike is the focus of your view in the condo across the way.*

*by the time said condo is completed, Paulina Gretzky'll be "legal", so it's a safe supposition to make

i was looking into buying a unit at the Icon during its preconstruction day. At the time, they put a guarantee on its north view for seven years and that was back in 2001. Just in time.

theres a roof top terrace with a good view over the Gretzky building. if i was a owner / resident, i would hate to see that go.

Element Update

Element's lobby is now open, and looks quite impressive. Also, on Front, there's already signage for a Tim Horton's. Fastest retail move-in that I've ever seen.

Re: Element Update

On top of one of the CityPlace towers there's some kind of additional framework being added...anyone know what that is?

I noticed that as well, looks different to the rest of what the've done.

The previously reported Tim Horton's in Element is already finished. Hoarding is still up, but they've made the Tim's accessible. I've never seen retail take off this fast in a new condo. Certainly, a contrast to Harbourview Estates, where I live.

EDIT: I was just walking back along Blue Jays' Way, and I walked by Element. I must say that I'm very impressed with the way that Element meets the street. It's a huge contrast with Harbour View Estates (where I live). And, it works as very urban, despite the collonade.

Also, Element's edge matches up with the lone building alon g Spadina between Front and Clarence Park. It's interesting that the property lines match up. Maybe one day they'll entend the street that runs along Clarence Park all the way out to Blue Jays' Way. As the dump more and more people into the area, they have to improve the street connections.

Maybe it will be a narrow laneway. Anyone seen any plans for this block?

I believe the plan was to extend Wellington west to meet Front at Spadina as part of the Front Street Extension project. The two streets would then become a one-way pair.

I would be very surprised if that one-way pair plan still survives as part of the city's agenda. One-way streets are not considered to be pedestrian friendly, and I cannot imagine that Clarence Square Park would be divided in two without a massive fight. Development fees from nearby projects are currently being used to improve this park in fact (and that's long overdue).

This city already has too little greenspace in the core to allow any encroachment on what we do have.

I agree about one-way streets being unpopular, but the Clarence Square park wouldn't be affected. The Wellington extension would head south through the existing parking lots.

Joining up with Front east of Spadina? Interesting.

That would still leave room for another building to the north side of Element, hiding the blank wall.

Back