News   Jul 11, 2024
 157     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 531     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 2.1K     1 

CityPlace Condos

From reading my Cityplace Agreement of Purchase and Sale section 31 (correct me if I'm wrong) states that I agree that the purchase price includes the GST and any rebates or material and forms to obtain rebates etc are to be turned over to the vendor. If I don't qualify for a rebate I would still have to pay the vendor the equivalent of this amount if I had qualified.

I bought in 2005 and my occupancy date is (I think firm) late Nov 2009. Does the AP&S clause mean the rate reduction goes to the vendor?

I'm not sure but its too early for you to worry about it. If you get it you get it. If you don't you don't. You should talk to your lawyer upon closing or ask your lawyer about the GST rebate. I bought mine in 2003 and the lawyer said I can claim the GST rebate after all closing papers are completed. I need to complete a form to send to the government.

I'm not sure but its too early for you to worry about it. If you get it you get it. If you don't you don't. You should talk to your lawyer upon closing or ask your lawyer about the GST rebate. I bought mine in 2003 and the lawyer said I can claim the GST rebate after all closing papers are completed. I need to complete a form to send to the government.

Take it easy AKS! I hope you don't work as a financial adviser or in the stock market! "If you get it you get it. If you don't you don't"??? I was only attempting to open a dialogue that will equally affect 255 owners of the Neo building who, like myself, will begin occupancy in the next several weeks. I'm sure they would be interested to know if they are eligible for the both GST and HST rate adjustments.

PIX, I'm not sure why you're taking offense at with AKS's response. His line that you are quoting actually sounds rather casual, and is not yelled or anything.

There is lots of byplay on this forum, and it does get heated sometimes (although rules are meant prevent real ugliness). Don't assume automatically that someone's trying to get in your face, and UrbanToronto will feel like a friendly community to you in no time.

Sorry PIX - one more thing - I'm not certain why you deleted your previous post after it was answered. There is no need to, and such deletions may just cause confusion for others trying to follow the thread.

I wasn't yelling actually. It was a casual remark. Basically I'm saying there's no need to fret over it. If it really bothers you, find a lawyer earlier to have a look at it. Anyhow those documents can always change. I remember I received my document at purchase. Then a year before occupancy, I received a revised version. I have no idea what's revised since I only found lawyer near closing to look at the finalized one. I don't think there's much you can argue about it even if they do change the documents because they probably have justification for it. My point is, if you feel insecure, have your lawyer look at it, but CP may send you revised version later if your condo doesn't lose within a year or so.

I wasn't yelling actually. It was a casual remark. Basically I'm saying there's no need to fret over it. If it really bothers you, find a lawyer earlier to have a look at it. Anyhow those documents can always change. I remember I received my document at purchase. Then a year before occupancy, I received a revised version. I have no idea what's revised since I only found lawyer near closing to look at the finalized one. I don't think there's much you can argue about it even if they do change the documents because they probably have justification for it. My point is, if you feel insecure, have your lawyer look at it, but CP may send you revised version later if your condo doesn't lose within a year or so.

My humblest apologies AKS. Guess I'm getting a little paranoid as many posts in this thread are somewhat confrontational. Actually this thread is not my intended audience. I posted my question in the Neo/Montage forum but it was moved to this thread (never read) with no heads-up:( I only discovered it was moved here because another member informed me I double-posted.

How many other projects can be seen in this photo??

2812606557_f85771002e_b.jpg

Checked out Parade the other day. I was quite impressed with the standard finishes. Built in Miele appliances, complete marble washrooms. They also have a cashback deal as well...works out to 40K off. This building seems like it will be a beauty.

JayBee ... while I agree the 15% or 20% off offer is a great deal, I'll be careful if I were you before buying into a Concord Adex building, I was quite 'suprised' (in a not so good sort of way) when I toured several Cityplace buildings ... go there on the weekend and look for 'open house' signs for units being resold now in WestOne, N Tower, Montage etc ... then you can see for yourself what the buildings look like (the common areas are as important as the suite finishing IMO)

JayBee ... while I agree the 15% or 20% off offer is a great deal, I'll be careful if I were you before buying into a Concord Adex building, I was quite 'suprised' (in a not so good sort of way) when I toured several Cityplace buildings ... go there on the weekend and look for 'open house' signs for units being resold now in WestOne, N Tower, Montage etc ... then you can see for yourself what the buildings look like (the common areas are as important as the suite finishing IMO)

I definitely agree, and even then it may not be enough.

When my girlfriend and I were looking at the buildings before we rented, it looked fine enough, sure it looked like a college dorm in most hallways, but we thought everything would work out anyways.

Well lets see, after 6 months of living there, we have come to the conclusion that sound barrier in the units is lacking, the faucets in the washroom are poor at best, the hallways and elevators deteriorated significantly, and about 40% of the time that we lived there, at least 1-2 elevators were down making it an average 5 minute wait for an elevator. The 27th floor spa was closed for 2 months do to a water leak, there has continually been leaking sewage in the underground parking from overhead pipes, and several times I have had to get off at a higher floor because my key fob spontaneously didnt work when trying to push my floor in the elevator. that and 80% of the front desk staff are complete a**holes.

This is probably not the best thread for this, but just thought people should get an opinion on these buildings. they do look nice on the surface though...

Last edited:
There had been some problems, but I think that happens to most new buildings. Slowly but surely discrepancies are being ironed out, and marked improvements is evident. I've been here 7 months, and it was disastrous at the beginning. But then residents have been aggressively voicing their opninions and even formed a Residents Association. Since then, things have settled down. The building's only a bit over a year old. It takes time for one to mature (longer for Concord buildings I agree).

Well lets see, after 6 months of living there, we have come to the conclusion that sound barrier in the units is lacking, the faucets in the washroom are poor at best, the hallways and elevators deteriorated significantly, and about 40% of the time that we lived there, at least 1-2 elevators were down making it an average 5 minute wait for an elevator. The 27th floor spa was closed for 2 months do to a water leak, there has continually been leaking sewage in the underground parking from overhead pipes, and several times I have had to get off at a higher floor because my key fob spontaneously didnt work when trying to push my floor in the elevator. that and 80% of the front desk staff are complete a**holes.

Sorry for keeping this off-topic, but I have to agree here. I have lived in WestOne for over 6 months and this describes my experience with CityPlace. Although problems have finally been getting resolved, there are still issues and property management doesn't seem to care about speedy resolutions. My experience living here, along with a visit to the Concord sales office before the 20% cash-back offer have completely turned me off of ever buying from Concord. Temporarily renting however, is OK for the time being.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess these "feedback" depend on who you ask. Ask a renter, of course he would give the highest level of criticism. Ask an owner and he would give the highest praise. I am an owner, but I tend to be in between the two extremes. I tell it like it is.

With regards to Parade, it is going at a snail's pace. Someone once said they will take off once it's above ground. Not happening. I guess it's no rush for them, since their bridge issue has yet to be resolved.

Sorry for keeping this off-topic, but I have to agree here. I have lived in WestOne for over 6 months and this describes my experience with CityPlace. Although problems have finally been getting resolved, there are still issues and property management doesn't seem to care about speedy resolutions. My experience living here, along with a visit to the Concord sales office before the 20% cash-back offer have completely turned me off of ever buying from Concord. Temporarily renting however, is OK for the time being.

Anyways, with that said, here is a picture of Parade to bring everything back on topic:

The West One building's nice on the outside, but that all ends when you get inside to the common areas....the carpeting in the halls is already dirty/worn. Elevator I was in felt like it was going to fall apart as it was really rattling...noticed damage to a radiator in the lobby that looked like it hadn't been attended to in ages.

A friend of mine lives in the Matrix building and I think it's quite nice so either the newer CP buildings are lower quality or the newer ones just need time to iron out he kinks.

I agree on the common area elements. But that can easily be changed. Rip out the cheap slate flooring, and replace it with black granite tiles. Instant dramatic change in the lobby. Not that expensive either and total makeover is not required. Change the light carpet in the hallways to dark carpets, making any stains less noticable. Again, not that expensive. Changes like these can improve the interior. However, the exterior appearance of the building, and its location are things that cannot be changed, and we already have that. :) I am optimistic for the building in a few years time.

Back