News   Jul 10, 2024
 43     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 865     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.7K     3 

City-TV & OMNI-TV's H.Q. (formerly Torch, Quadrangle)

Well, the CityTV move begins in July (not July 1st) and will be complete by September.

It's likely that management, journalists, editors, technical people will be the first to move, not the on air personalities considering the studios aren't yet finished. August 17 was the most recent date for the first show -- Breakfast Television -- to begin broadcasting. We're still more than a month and a half away from that.

I haven't been able to go by this week but seeing the pace of progress increasing over the last month, I think the West side should be mostly clad by now. I'll probably go there tomorrow if somebody doesn't get to it first.

Last edited:
July 7th Update

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

X-Large (autostitched)-

They seem to be moving even slower on completing the building these days. And they don't seem to have done alot of change for the time they spent working on this place. They should just torn it down and rebuilt it, it would have at least been quicker.:rolleyes:

I'm surprised Rogers hasn't push harder to get this project done. Who ever they hired they seem to be taking their sweet time. And Citytv really needs to get out of 299 Queen St W.

I agree. The builders seem to be taking their time completing the restructuring. You would think Rogers would want this done ASAP for branding and promotional reasons. I can't imagine prolonging Rogers stay at the CTV building on Queen West is comfortable by any means.

Blog provided interesting insights into the new Breakfast Television home. I was hoping the host was going to reveal exterior fascade rendings.

If the desks and chairs are under plastic, then the opening cannot be that far away.

^ Going on the schedule I mentioned pages earlier. Reporters, administration moving in this month. Equipment in the basement editing room is fully set. Editing for CityTV will begin to be done from the new location over the next few weeks.

I'm surprised Kevin Frankish says they have no idea when they're moving because the first Breakfast TV @ Y&D is tentatively scheduled for Aug. 17. I guess they don't want to announce the date because they don't want to create a set deadline where there may be delays.

^ Going on the schedule I mentioned pages earlier. Reporters, administration moving in this month. Equipment in the basement editing room is fully set. Editing for CityTV will begin to be done from the new location over the next few weeks.

I'm surprised Kevin Frankish says they have no idea when they're moving because the first Breakfast TV @ Y&D is tentatively scheduled for Aug. 17. I guess they don't want to announce the date because they don't want to create a set deadline where there may be delays.

On yesterday's BT Dina and Kevin were talking about this and they showed an interior "tour".....it was funny...not much of a Dina fan but I will say she really doesn't have a "filter" and just says what comes to mind....she was trying to put dates on the move and Kevin was not saying anything but was giving her that "where you asleep during the meeting" look!

Back