News   Jul 05, 2024
 714     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 482     0 

City-TV & OMNI-TV's H.Q. (formerly Torch, Quadrangle)

CTV did a good job for the MTV building, looks nice at night. I wish other buildings would do the same...but then, that's just TOO MUCH to ask...ROM, I'm pointing at you :mad:

well Global's gonna need to find itself a new screen. With CTV taking the old CHUM one above Hard Rock, CBC on the LG Tower, Rogers on Olympic Spirit, I wonder if Global will go for the one on TLS or the one on TEC?

I just cant believe that building cost $40 million! Money doesnt go very far these days. Lotsa great potential here with this newly confirmed deal to bring even more life to this previously neglected section of downtown.

Now if only that stupid "stage" can be removed so that City will have a clearer vantage point onto the square. As it is now, they dont have a very good view of the action in the square. The stage gets in the way. I think that the stupid, white metal excuse of a moveable stage should be trashed.

Yeah, with City TV broadcasting from the square, it's tonnes of free advertising for anyone on those boards in Dundas Square.

Maybe CityTV will do what Global does during the Superbowl, and just digitally cover up other advertisers with their own ads. I'm sure everyone who's watched the superbowl has seen the PizzaPizza and CanadianTire ads that would appear out in the field during the games. I think it would be hilarious if CityTV did the same with those nauseatingly-boring/annoying boards on top of the Eatons entrance.

Since it's the Bell beavers on half the time on the TEC screens, I really can see Rogers wanting to digitize out their own brands.

Rogers does this all the time on cable TV (which I stopped paying for several months ago now) on the cable stations - they put ads for Rogers and cable station promos over American ads on US-based cable stations. Comedy Network just layers over its bug and subsitutes its commericals over the live feed they're getting from Comedy Central for Stewart and Colbert. With both Rogers and Comedy Network, the commercial subsitution is sometimes screwed up, so some US commercials are shown and/or some content is lost when the subsitutions go overtime.

At the risk of going off-topic (and wanting to pull this back closer to the topic), I think it's possible, but not that likely - outdoor sessions for City (like on BT) are usually brief.

It'll be a lot easier to close off Victoria St. than it's been for Queen St.

It looks like Dundas Square (the actual square) is about to get a lot of new uses.

It'll be a lot easier to close off Victoria St. than it's been for Queen St.

It looks like Dundas Square (the actual square) is about to get a lot of new uses.

But how often does CityTv close off streets? I dont even remember the last time they did. The only reason Queen would close was for Much Music events.

They used to close it during the Film Festival for their party, and in the golden years of Electric Circus, at least the Eastbound lanes of Queen were closed on Friday nights.

Ok, here's my lame attempt at a rendering of the new CityTV HQ:

citytvhqtd5.jpg

Why? you can't see the image? It displays perfectly on my end.

Tried Waffle Images. It crashes before uploading... lol

Again, that's MuchMusic and Star!, both no longer associated with CityTV... Maybe an outdoor CityLine?

I can see more closures though if City moved on sponsoring more events on the square.

Back