News   Jul 11, 2024
 5.1K     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 766     5 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 730     1 

City To Start Inspecting, Fining Those With Overgrown Lawns

They have grass blends so that whatever species is best suited to the conditions takes root. They only need to be cut a few times a year, grow in shade, full sun and are drought tolerant.

They have grass blends so that whatever species is best suited to the conditions takes root. They only need to be cut a few times a year, grow in shade, full sun and are drought tolerant.

6a00b8ea074b861bc000d4144839ec685e-500pi

By gum, it worked! I've awakened in the future... [Walks over to shelf and
picks up a packet] Moon Pie? [Gazing into space] What a time to be alive!
-- Jasper

Only catch is that it still looks a bit wild (think shag carpet) compared to the fairway idea. Also there is some colour variation so it doesn't look like astroturf.

The dandelion is an awesome plant. Beautiful colour, beautiful when gone to seed, damn hard to kill and tasty in a salad. I love seeing them cover the ground with yellow in springtime; they're so bright and happy looking.

Why this obsession with short manicured grass monocultures anyway? Maintaining such an artificial state requires so much time, energy, water, fertilizers, etc...
Actually, many people are happy not to have grass monocultures. However, that desired mix usually doesn't include dandelions, because they're fugly once they've gone to seed and partially floated away. They're also quite the invasive plant, that grows like a metastatic cancer.

There are many other plants that are much more appropriate as mixes to grass, and aren't so invasive. eg. Clover, or various other types of short height weeds.

Except when they're embedded in your friends' kids' feet.

450px-Eselsdistel.JPG

Last edited:
Except when they're embedded in your friends' kids' feet.

450px-Eselsdistel.JPG

they look nice (i like their flower) but ya, they're not nice in that sense.

i guess you can call them the grumpy old man who screams "get off my damn lawn you damn kids" secret weapon. :eek: ;)

really I cut in once every 1.5 weeks and it goes down to once every 3 weeks as the Summer gets drier by August.

Yeah I am a Lawn-Gardener guy. My lawn is maybe only 400 sq feet but I have 3.5 hp gas lawnmower.

I really do not like the area where one of friends lives downtown. Nice houses but its a JUNGLE!!. not a nice Jungle of nice flowers but of weeds and I feel like bringing my Lawnmower and letting it rip.

I spotted a lovely wildflower/weed garden on the south side of Withrow, west of Logan, the other day. It was so artfully created that I suspect no government bureaucrat would be able to prove it was either the one or the other.

A city inspector walked down our back lane taking pictures of garages and fences that had been graffitied. The owners now have letters threatening fines if cleanup not done.

I know, the left wing nuts is punishing the home owner because some idiot vandalize private property,how insane is that?.Why dont you use the same by law officers and have them go after those who selling the specialty paint and those actually tagging.Why is the morons and the king arsh of City Hall not banning those selling the paints.Before you say Canadian Tires sells them its NOT the same paint its a special quick drying paint that taggers uses.

I know, the left wing nuts is punishing the home owner because some idiot vandalize private property,how insane is that?.Why dont you use the same by law officers and have them go after those who selling the specialty paint and those actually tagging.Why is the morons and the king arsh of City Hall not banning those selling the paints.Before you say Canadian Tires sells them its NOT the same paint its a special quick drying paint that taggers uses.

What's the real difference between those of Canadian Tire and the so-called "quick drying paint"? I could easily desire the quick dry for a legal project, because that sounds desirable. Such a ban couldn't work. Plus, the police have programs to combat graffiti but also recommend that it be removed as soon as possible. On private property, in theory, the owner should be able to handle this. That's hardly left wing.

The quick drying spray paint product used by taggers is "Montana Gold" available at "Curries" art stores here in Toronto. When purchasing a couple of cans for experimental use in my model building hobby I asked the clerk what others bought this particular brand for and was informed that it is very popular with Graffitti people. It may be available in other locations in Toronto and a Google search on "Montana Gold Spray Paint" will provide lots of info.

if you take away spray paint, they'll just resort to the old school method: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIAdHEwiAy8

In a sense yes they could, sadly. But hay maybe we should start leavying fines against the cities now for the parks that are going to get completely overgrown... They have here already.

Back