News   Jul 15, 2024
 735     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 890     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 627     0 

Church-Wellesley Village

Councillor Wong-Tam is on record for supporting dance clubs in the Village area, aside from The Barn the problem is where. If I recall correctly, a deal with the owners of Fly and the developer there was to cooperatively work to re-locate the club in the area, in a suitable space. She is also a strong supporter of patios, Kyle Rae our previous Councillor wasn't (I'm not knocking Kyle Rae).

There's a for lease sign for the second storey above Boutique Bar. Guess Rainbow Travel is moving out.

A poutinerie would be fantastic! I never thought of that. (And I love how poutinerie has become a word now. And it's totally Canadian! Lol.)

I mean, the lines as Hero Burger and Pizzaiolo at 2am are long enough. We need another drunk o'clock hangout. Plus it would be good for Smoke's to expand downtown.

I mean, the lines as Hero Burger and Pizzaiolo at 2am are long enough. We need another drunk o'clock hangout. Plus it would be good for Smoke's to expand downtown.

i could see them occupying the old space of stag shop. BJ's would be too big for them IMO

what is "3rd-tier poutine"?

you think there are enough ppl in the village willing to consume so much carbs and fat in one sitting ?!?
no more girlish figures :rolleyes:

What is first-tier poutine?! In the east coast poutine is totally different, it's a potato/flour ball filled with pork and cooked in water.
I really wish that pizza place that opens at around 6pm until really late on Church at Alexander Street (the walk-down) would fix their sign out front, it's been burned out for at least a decade and do something with their interior. It's so gross looking and they could do so much more business if it looked more inviting... and cleaner.

Yeah, Pizza Express or something like that. I always wondered how that place stayed in business; it always looks so dodgy.

Guys, this isn't just my idea. It was confirmed over a month ago that Smokes is coming to the village! I'm just wondering where they will put it. I actually think the old Big Johnson's would be a perfect fit.

15nu2iu.png

Yeah, Pizza Express or something like that. I always wondered how that place stayed in business; it always looks so dodgy.

Pizza Express, the walkdown on Church/Alexander (or as I like to call it Gay Pizza) tastes so good when you're shitfaced. It's like how Ryerson students have Big Slice. The gays have Gay Pizza. Other than wasted patrons early in the morning on weekends, I really don't know how they stay open.

Last edited:
Guys, this isn't just my idea. It was confirmed over a month ago that Smokes is coming to the village! I'm just wondering where they will put it. I actually think the old Big Johnson's would be a perfect fit.

15nu2iu.png

Maybe the old Sweet Lulu's space? Big J seems a pretty large space for just poutine.

Back