News   May 16, 2024
 379     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 2.2K     0 

Christie Station/Transit City Ads

autopilot

Member Bio
Reaction score
I noticed today that the wooden framing that surrounded the entrance to Christie is gone.

Also noticed some flashy new ads on the subway over the last day or so regarding transit city. It's good to get a public commitment from the TTC through advertising like that.

Also noticed some flashy new ads on the subway over the last day or so regarding transit city. It's good to get a public commitment from the TTC through advertising like that.

Flashy? If you're referring to the ones I've seen, they're black text on a white background describing Transit City without the help of any pictures. They look like an essay. All the more amusing was that the first one I saw was beside an escalator... forcing anyone who wanted to read it to walk in place on the moving steps.

Flashy? If you're referring to the ones I've seen, they're black text on a white background describing Transit City without the help of any pictures. They look like an essay. All the more amusing was that the first one I saw was beside an escalator... forcing anyone who wanted to read it to walk in place on the moving steps.

I noticed the escalator ones after I made that post... pretty foolish.

Regardless, I've noticed a lot of people looking at them on the bus and train and at various stations. On the bus, and at Downsview they have provided the standard Transit City map.

Speaking of Transit City plugs... I saw a promo-vid which I thought was pretty good aside from the fact that it doesn't outline the actual lines. you can view it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoecnwRr1oA

What a bright new future awaits us. Look at those LRVs zip by at what appears to be 110 km/h through multiple intersections. Listen to how LRVs can magically reverse direction (don't forget the need for a crossover). See the cities that have embraced LRT, including Paris, Madrid, Calgary and...uh...Vancouver! And, don't forget, everyone in Toronto will benefit - yes, sir, that means you living on the overcrowded Yonge and Bloor Danforth lines as multiple TC lines funnel in at key chokepoints without continuing on into the downtown core.

What a bright new future awaits us. Look at those LRVs zip by at what appears to be 110 km/h through multiple intersections. Listen to how LRVs can magically reverse direction (don't forget the need for a crossover). See the cities that have embraced LRT, including Paris, Madrid, Calgary and...uh...Vancouver! And, don't forget, everyone in Toronto will benefit - yes, sir, that means you living on the overcrowded Yonge and Bloor Danforth lines as multiple TC lines funnel in at key chokepoints without continuing on into the downtown core.

Over at Spacing, the Transit City Festival Choir sings the loudest. Also, we have WK Lis telling us that if we build it, it will put us in the same league as Mumbai and Dakar. There's a lot of misinformation out there.

Back