Charlie Condos (Great Gulf Homes) - Real Estate -

Oh, they also said that the glass opaque sliding doors was also standard too when I went through. The others you mention, they got right with me. Live and learn I guess. As for the smooth ceilings, is the standard stucco and if so what kind of stucco? Also, do you know if it is everywhere?

Regarding the ceiling, It's the standard type of popcorn-type finish and it's everywhere except for the kitchen and bathrooms. As for the sliding glass doors, it's an upgrade if the bedroom has a exterior window attached to it. However, it's standard for bedrooms that do not have windows.

Electrical upgrades:

Ceiling outlet w/ fixture on an existing switch - 465
Ceiling outlet " " separate switch - 605
Additional wiring for telephone - 405
Additional wiring for TV - 405
Additional electrical wiring for home theater - 1,435
Pedant light fixture over island - 1,225
1 Puck light on existing switch underneath kitchen cabinets - 420
1 Puck light on separate switch " " - 830

Smooth ceiling upgrade for me came out to be at least 3.4psf (not excluding areas that would be smooth already).
If you did not choose the 6 shelves upgrade besides the kitchen cabinet, the cabinet extends all the way to the end as standard.
3 Potlight above kitchen is standard.

Cabinet inside mirror for second bathroom - 1,365

No extra cabinets for bathroom.
No sink upgrade for kitchen or bathroom.
No cooktop upgrade.
Was told that the 3 pendant light system above kitchen comes as standard, but the outer casing was what costs 1,225 as upgrade...

Last edited:
Hi xyzzz, what did you think of the overall standard finishes? Did you purchase any upgrades?

Hi xyzzz, what did you think of the overall standard finishes? Did you purchase any upgrades?

Standard finishes in the decor center are just that, standard. Most of which have been seen aplenty in other condos, although they do have a bit of selection in terms of quantity. Not so impressive with only one Level 1 upgrade for kitchen cabinet (striped in the picture), and followed by $7K Level 2 upgrades. All in all it wasn't extremely impressive nor unbearable.

Went with a lot of electrical upgrades as putting them in afterwards could be an issue. Pure speculation at this point, but I have a feeling that each suite (high or low, large or small) pays differently in upgrades accordingly, not sure if this is common practice amongst other condos or just here. Just a hunch though so don't crucify me.

One last thing I would like to note. Went by Charlie a few days ago and stood near the Charlotte and King intersection. Noticed 3 streetcars were backlogged trying to make the turn, the moment the first one started turning it was something that I wish never would have happened again... sadly that same aural assault came two more times and I now realized that more due diligence should have been done prior to purchasing.

Trying to be optimistic so I looked up the streetcar schedule and noticed it runs from 4AM to 2AM M-F... the next chance of a rail upgrade is in 2013... heard it might be just the brakes that need to be optimized but not going to hold out any hope for this.

Haha, we'll all be down there taking turns spraying the track with WD-40!

Hopefully though it won't be too noisy. When I was condo hunting I did check out a unit in Hudson next door that had a SW exposure and while not as close as the track to Charlie, I was really suprised how quiet it was. Hoping Charlie will have the same insulation.

xyzzz - Going back to the standards, do you know if the Wenge style cabinets and granite countertop in the original model suite are standards. I'm just worried as what I thought were standards there are turning out to be upgrades. Thanks.

Haven't seen Level 2 upgraded cabinets so can't comment on that.

If you mean original by this model suite:
VS84X.jpg

Aside from the backsplash, 6 shelves, pendant light, puck light, sushi bar, unsure if fridge is upgraded... everything else seems to be standard.

Last edited:
$389k for Cotton II, One plus den 721 sq ft on the 30th floor facing west, is it a good deal? what do you guys think?

Hi there,

I noticed the window coverings which are rolling blinds are rather expensive (about $9k for my unit). I wasn't able to limit this only to the living room and kitchen (as I want black-out curtains for the bedroom) so just wondering if any of you had ideas or recommendations on places to get blinds or am I better off getting these and then just adding curtains to the bedrooms.

Thanks!

Hi there,

I noticed the window coverings which are rolling blinds are rather expensive (about $9k for my unit). I wasn't able to limit this only to the living room and kitchen (as I want black-out curtains for the bedroom) so just wondering if any of you had ideas or recommendations on places to get blinds or am I better off getting these and then just adding curtains to the bedrooms.

Thanks!

I personally would not get the blinds through the developer. You can get name-brand blinds, such as Hunter Douglas for cheaper. If you have a costco membership you can purchase a variety of Hunter Douglas blinds and receive rebates or cash back cards, such as: http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product...&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-CA&topnav=

If you're on a budget, I'd consider looking at Blinds to Go.

Sourcing them on your own will also allow you to explore more options, e.g. colour, fabric, type of window covering, etc. etc!

Last edited:
You shouldn't get the blinds through the builder. Not only are the overpriced but the quality would probably be cheap as well.

Back