Charlie Condos (Great Gulf Homes) - Real Estate -

Its an upgrade...I from what I remember , I paid $1300 for it... A little pricey, but love the look !

Thanks, Luca. If the glass backsplash from the pic above is an upgrade, then what was offered as a "standard" backsplash? Is the standard backsplash being offered of good quality?

Thanks, Luca. If the glass backsplash from the pic above is an upgrade, then what was offered as a "standard" backsplash? Is the standard backsplash being offered of good quality?

The standard backplash is tile, which is OK !........but the glass is stunning and very cool !

Are you still picking out your finishes ?

Luca, can you please describe the look of the standard tile backsplash being offered. For example, what is the size or shape of the tiles - square or rectangle, the colours/patterns offered, etc.

$1300 for the glass backsplash upgrade is very expensive and I don't think I want to upgrade to that.

Luca, can you please describe the look of the standard tile backsplash being offered. For example, what is the size or shape of the tiles - square or rectangle, the colours/patterns offered, etc.

$1300 for the glass backsplash upgrade is very expensive and I don't think I want to upgrade to that.

Hope this helps ....The pic with the stove . They came in a few different colours

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-real-est...Park-Stunning-King-W-Condo-W0QQAdIdZ458669936

... I've noticed there seems to be some construction on the retail side of this building....Any idea whats going in ?

They're putting in an Aroma Espresso Bar! I'm not sure if it's the entire retail space, but there's a notice posted on a window facing charlotte.

My two shower faucets can't seem to be turned to adjust the water volume which is way too strong for my liking....only cold to hot water anticlockwise and clockwise moves with no forward or backward turning for volume. Is this installation problem or meant to be like this? Can anyone at Charlie please share their experience? Thank you.

My two shower faucets can't seem to be turned to adjust the water volume which is way too strong for my liking....only cold to hot water anticlockwise and clockwise moves with no forward or backward turning for volume. Is this installation problem or meant to be like this? Can anyone at Charlie please share their experience? Thank you.

I don't think that these shower faucets allow for adjustment of water pressure. It's only been hot or cold for me on full bast as well :)

Hi All,

2 questions:

1) Has everyone had all of their deficiencies from their PDI resolved? I still have some that haven't been corrected.
2) Does anyone know what company insures the building? I have heard that strategy-wise, it's best to use the same insurer so that should something happen, you won't have issues with your claims as they won't be able to argue fault.

Thanks!

Hi Schnoober,

Just reading your post now. For the kitchen backsplash, the standard tile is called, "Ikom Tendence". You can search online for more details. I don't remember all the colours it was offered in but I ended up getting the light beige colour. I ended up not upgrading to glass as they didn't have a light colour (lightest option was a mid-grey). Quality-wise the standard tile is fine. The only thing I don't like are the grooves which are not smooth and I'm worried that when I cook and splash it, it may stain. Haven't had it happen but I've been super careful with it and put a glass cutting board at the back if I'm cooking something with staining power (e.g. tomato sauce, soya sauce, etc.).

Hope that helps.

One last tip I thought I'd share today as I had one of my lightbulbs burn out already. Dollarama on Spadina carries replacement bulbs for our standard kitchen and bathroom pendant lights ($1 each). They are a lower wattage (can't remember exactly how much wattage) but I find it bright enought and can't be beat at that price.

One last tip I thought I'd share today as I had one of my lightbulbs burn out already. Dollarama on Spadina carries replacement bulbs for our standard kitchen and bathroom pendant lights ($1 each). They are a lower wattage (can't remember exactly how much wattage) but I find it bright enought and can't be beat at that price.

One of my kitchen island light bulbs burned out too, and I am only here three weeks!

The customer care field manager told me it will take a while for my outstanding PDI items to be addressed, but I am sure they will be taken care of.

Hello everyone,

My unit is on 11th floor and yes, I agree with those of you who say that they feel ripped-off. I have had a very negative experience at Charlie. MY PDI was horrible- they had to replace my entire hardwood floor in master bedroom because the floor had cracks and uneven stains and looked horribly cheap. Also, since November 26th, the date I moved in I had to call for appliance maintenance and repairs 6 times. My shower rods were leaking, stove, dryer, washer not working. Have you experienced problems with appliances as well or I am the only one struggling with Global Appliance company?
I hate that I have a north-facing unit that has that half-wall which obviously has not been mentioned when I was purchasing my apartment.

I also wonder how they were assigning parking spots?- I got mine on P5 and when I called Jamie at Great Gulf, I was told that it was lottery-based. No matter what floor you are on.

Now, I am desperately looking for some justice because I have not been able to use my dryer for 2 weeks and the parts for my dryer are on back order so now I have to take a pile of laundry to dry cleaners. I feel I should be reimbursed. Any thoughts whether Great Gulf, Charlie in particular has any pages on facebook or any other social media so I can draw attention to my on-going issues with the builder?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Back