• Bypass the line altogether to deposit your fare

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Have a taco

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

LordWanker

Member Bio
Reaction score
When faced with a lineup at the TTC booth and all you want is to pay your fare, what would you do?

Last edited:
If I can squeeze through comfortably I do.
If not I just wait. It just emphasizes how much the TTC needs a smart card which would replace all of this nonsense. The system I used would give out a temporary card for a single trip which would then be re-used.

I slide the old Metroass through the slot, glide through the turnstiles, and leave the downtrodden, token-buying proles to eat my dust. Sometimes I turn back and wave, wanly.

Before this token crisis you could buy tokens at many stores when you are buying other things so you don't need to go in the TTC booth turnstile. For now you have to get in that stupid line and think of what you would like to do with the person whose dumb idea it is to accept transit tickets or cash fares in the 21st century without readers or coin buckets on all the turnstiles able to take them. Most efficient transit systems have a wall of machines to buy tickets which get fed into the turnstiles.

Sadly, I witnessed a collision between a squeezer-by and rapidly moving change-getter on Saturday. Shopping bags made the impact all the much worse.

If the streetcars or buses go to a transfer-free station (ie. Dundas West), then one could board them one stop before (ie. Dundas northbound at Bloor), deposit their fare, and get into station for the rest of their journey. If there is a visible vehicle coming, of course. Otherwise, I would squeeze past the customer at the booth and deposit my fare.

Under normal situations, I would just walk to the station, bypassing the TTC stop before the station.

If the streetcars or buses go to a transfer-free station (ie. Dundas West), then one could board them one stop before (ie. Dundas northbound at Bloor), deposit their fare, and get into station for the rest of their journey. If there is a visible vehicle coming, of course. Otherwise, I would squeeze past the customer at the booth and deposit my fare.

Under normal situations, I would just walk to the station, bypassing the TTC stop before the station.

Ah, so you would be one of those people I curse who makes the streetcar stop at Bloor, causing it to then miss the green lilght, delaying everyone 5 minutes, so you can get on and pay your fare more quickly. Thanks for that. :D

Back