News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

Cant buy much these days with $300k

Some good units pop up on MLS every now and then. I've seen some nice 1br for 220-250. You just gotta keep looking.

With prices at these levels, the City should do everything it can to accommodate laneway housing. I bet that great housing can be cheaply obtained in desirable neighbourhoods if laneway development started to occur.

With prices at these levels, the City should do everything it can to accommodate laneway housing. I bet that great housing can be cheaply obtained in desirable neighbourhoods if laneway development started to occur.
Maybe, but IMO laneway housing will still continue to suck in general.

They should add residential and increase density allowances in traditionally pure commercial areas.

Maybe, but IMO laneway housing will still continue to suck in general.

Thanks for that opinion that tells us nothing at all. Objectively speaking, a laneway with small houses with patio space on a flat roof as an outdoor amenity would not be much different than the regular neighbourhood street. Having more eyes onto the laneway would mean that graffiti and illegal dumping would decline. Burying utilities and using attractive paving could make it more attractive than the actual neighbourhood street.

Thanks for that opinion that tells us nothing at all. Objectively speaking, a laneway with small houses with patio space on a flat roof as an outdoor amenity would not be much different than the regular neighbourhood street. Having more eyes onto the laneway would mean that graffiti and illegal dumping would decline. Burying utilities and using attractive paving could make it more attractive than the actual neighbourhood street.

i absolutely agree with the laneway housing idea, i love small house, even smaller than a condo but it is a house, and with the rooftop terrace is a plus, also, smaller foortage means smaller money, i doubt the govt or city will approve it since property tax and all other related charges will become smaller because of the size of the house!

i also have this uneasy feeling that investors (domestic and foreign) continue to inflate demand and prices of condos.

i live in the NYCC area and I'm keepin an eye on how Menkes Gibson Square will sell. Although, it is in a prime location in NYCC, I don't see how people are willing to pay for their outrageous prices.

However, i'm gonna throw my hands up in the air if I hear Gibson is a sellout.

Rent and save $$$. Half the people in the city do. You don't need a car and can enjoy all the benefits of living downtown. Rent a car when you want.

i also have this uneasy feeling that investors (domestic and foreign) continue to inflate demand and prices of condos.

i live in the NYCC area and I'm keepin an eye on how Menkes Gibson Square will sell. Although, it is in a prime location in NYCC, I don't see how people are willing to pay for their outrageous prices.

However, i'm gonna throw my hands up in the air if I hear Gibson is a sellout.

Although Bravo hasn't released their prices yet the newsletter I got from them has units starting in the 300's.

Pemberton is usually pretty good on their pricing too.

I was in the Gibson sales office a few weeks ago and although there was a lot of people, there was no one buying.

Back