News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 378     0 

Canadian National 6213 on the move

Promagstyle

Member Bio
Reaction score
I know that alot of people don't pay attention to the Steam Locomotive that has been sitting at the Canadian National Exhibition for almost 30 years, but sometime last week, the wheels turned for the first time.

Currently the Tender has been moved to the Round House near the Rogers Dome in Downtown Toronto and the next step is too move the Steam Locomotive 6213.

I have posted some pictures, from the website, but please remember to also vist Toronto Railway Historical Association http://www.trha.ca/news.html

MoveCNTower800-767715.jpg
6213ontires-783719.jpg

Great pics, I was actually down at the CNE when they were constructing the 'rail-ramp' behind the locomotive onto the moving trailer, interesting stuff. It will be fun to see 6213 at the roundhouse once all the new tracks are done and set in the park.

I was on the TRHA site and looked at the shots provided - so much has changed since the last time I was down there last summer. Is the plan to have the engines in or outside? Or is that dependent on the weather/season etc.? Also, how many more trains will be joining those in the pictures above at the Roundhouse? Thanks for posting the update and the link.

pfive

Back