News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.4K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 601     0 

Canada's Wonderland sold

I'm not entirely pleased with this merger........at more than 40 parks across the continent, they are now far and away the dominant provider of amusement park like attractions with Disney (only a couple of parks) as really they're only comparable rival in terms of capitalization. While, by and large most of these parks serve different urban markets, there was at least some competition, there was also an ability to support different ride manufacturers, vendors/suppliers that will likely be greatly diminished here.
From what I've read, one of the main goals of the merger was to be able to go toe-to-toe against the likes of Universal and Disney.

Maybe that might result in some better theming at Wonderland?

From what I've read, one of the main goals of the merger was to be able to go toe-to-toe against the likes of Universal and Disney.

Maybe that might result in some better theming at Wonderland?

One of the reasons Vail is so successful is their global ski-passes. For double the price of a typical ski pass, they let you into any of their properties. You can ski every weekend and not hit the same hill twice in a year: a very attractive offer to upper-middle-class.

Next obvious step for the new 6ix Flags will be an "Epic Pass", then on-site hotels to take a cut of that revenue stream.

One of the reasons Vail is so successful is their global ski-passes. For double the price of a typical ski pass, they let you into any of their properties. You can ski every weekend and not hit the same hill twice in a year: a very attractive offer to upper-middle-class.

Next obvious step for the new 6ix Flags will be an "Epic Pass", then on-site hotels to take a cut of that revenue stream.
Agreed on both those points, the latter is an important one since it keeps guests within the park ecosystems (lodging, food, merchandise) like at Disney and Universal.

Agreed on both those points, the latter is an important one since it keeps guests within the park ecosystems (lodging, food, merchandise) like at Disney and Universal.

Yeah but if Six Flag want to go that route they have to ask what IP they have (or can afford) that would make it appealing to more than just the generic thrill ride crowd?

AoD

Back