News   May 16, 2024
 421     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 2.2K     0 

Buying in Detroit.

Flux Capacitor

Member Bio
Reaction score
I want to buy a house in Detroit for a dollar. I have tried Google, But just not sure who is reputable. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

You already tried google? Uh. Try yahoo? Altavista? Do people still use that?

I got curious and checked MLS. Nothing for a $1 listed there, but here's a 3 bed, 2 bath, brick home with a nice balcony for $10,900.

http://www.realestatebook.com/detai...&LID=101-538456529&ecid=DF|homegain|538456529

Some things you should buy to go with your house in Detroit: a brand-new Hummer H3, subscription to the Chicago Sun-Times, Nortel Stock, a boatload of "Hilary 2008" bumper-stickers and as many commemorative Pogs as you can find, particularly those relating to the 1991-1994 ABC series "Dinosaurs."

I wonder what prices need to drop to before it becomes economical to clear the land of rubble and farm it.

Though, I suppose the land is far too contaminated for to ever happen.

I wonder what prices need to drop to before it becomes economical to clear the land of rubble and farm it.

Though, I suppose the land is far too contaminated for to ever happen.

I thought Detroit already razes houses on a daily basis..

It sounds good on paper, buying a house for a dollar, but I wonder if you'd also be purchasing liabilities. Would you need to pay property tax on it each year? Would you need to insure it? What if the house was condemned, would you be forced to repair it or pay to have it demolished? If someone was injured on your property, could you be sued? Things to think about, maybe... :)

Back