352     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 414     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 860     0 

Built form in the core.

A

AlexisTO

I was driving along the QEW towards the core a few days ago. There is this vantage point were you can see the skyline from the lake all the way to about Eglinton. Quite impressive. Especially since many of the buildings were outside of the core. I started to think, what if all of the buildings over 12 storey, in the whole of the GTA were built on all of the available parking lots the area bound by the lake, Bathurst, Eglinton and Jarvis/ Mt Pleasant? Place Pier and Leaside towers at Yonge and St. Clair. Everything in NYCC between St. Clair and Eglinton. The hundreds of 60's boxes along Bathurst and Jarvis. All of those towers at the SCC and MCC scattered about the core. What would our city look like? A mess? Sao Paulo's twin? The surface lots are there, so at some point in the very distant future, I suspect there will be that kind of density. Now there is a rendering I would like to see.

OK Cassius and Jarrek and the other photoshop gurus the battle for sepremacy is on! ;)

I asked that same question a few months ago and everyone here thought it was dumb.

What gives man!?!

I do remember that question being asked a while ago... funny how threads recycle on UT and the different responses they get each time.

BTW Trump Tower is canceled.

I knew it! toronto is so cheap. "some dream in black and white" refers to the used tv store they're building. toronto's turning into detroit!

would you want all those crapola's in the core.naw. I think building new is the best way to move forward.

I think this is a good point. The majority of Toronto's economic activity does not occur downtown any more. Corporate Canada is all in the GTA, but not in downtown Toronto. If all of half of those head offices along the 401 or the DVP or at Yonge and Sheppard etc. were downtown how much more like Manhattan would our downtown feel like? Really who is downtown any more? Just the financial service sector.

i dont understand how you people keep saying "were turning into detroit" , have you people even been to detroit? would detroit be getting a trump tower or an opera house.

:wtf:

He's joking about the Detroit thing. Refers to a previous thread where someone posted pictures of Detroit and then indicated that this was Toronto's fate if the suburbs continued to expand. Pure alarmist ranting and one not taken too seriously by most here.

irony.jpg

Perhaps it can be buried next to Video's murder victim; Video Killed The Radio Star after all.

HaHa, Canuck, it does really pay off to walk around constantly with a camera. You never know what kind of hilarious irony the city will throw at you next. :)

Back