254     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 281     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 3.3K     5 

Building awards

A

Archivistower

I've been researching awards that have been given to Toronto buildings over the past while. Here's a quiz for ya'll. What recently completed building in Toronto has won (at least) one International, one Canadian, one Ontarian, and one Torontonian award for its architecture.

I don't know if OCAD won any Ontario/Canada awards.

UTSC Student Centre? Some green international awards perhaps?

GB

OCAD? Ha ha. Too obvious. I wouldn't have posted if it were OCAD.

UTSC has won many an award, and is a good guess, but it's not the one I'm thinking of.

French Quarter - clearly a vote of confidence in the underdog, but incorrect. French Quarter has won only the "Second Empire in Concrete and Cardboard Award", from the SHA (Society of Homeless Architects).

No, it's actually quite obscure. I'll let more knowledgeable people try to guess, though, before I give the answer. ;)

At least start dropping hints before you give us the full answer.

House? Multi-unit residential? Commercial? Institutional?

cdl42, is my lack of a hint causing you to have a crisis?

French Quarter - clearly a vote of confidence in the underdog, but incorrect. French Quarter has won only the "Second Empire in Concrete and Cardboard Award", from the SHA (Society of Homeless Architects).

:rollin

I'm going with the new 51 Division since it's a good building and they respond to crisis(es).

scarberian:

I think you are right...

It won:

Toronto AUDA 2000
OAA Architectural Excellence 2003
Canadian Architect 1995
Wood Design and Building Citation Award 2001

GB

Scarberian and Geeky. Yes, and Yes. An interesting building to have won so many awards. A bit off the radar, I thought.

A pic...

robertson.jpg

Back