News   Jun 28, 2024
 4K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 662     1 

Builder Approval during occupancy period for lease?

br1828

Member Bio
Reaction score
I tried to search for any information on this forum without any hits so I apologies if this post is in the wrong location.

I have a condo unit that will soon be in Occupancy phase. In review the contract, it clearly states that I can not list, advertise of for lease of the unit during the occupancy without the builder's approval. I'd like to ask if anyone has had experience or luck with getting this approval from the builder to lease during occupancy? I see many ads on Kijiji and Craigslist for the units in my building for lease that are clearly in violation of the contract and as I understand, builder could terminate the contract under purchaser's default. Does any member have experience with being confronted by the builder regarding this? Any feedback would be appreciated.

It's your call. Some people ask and get permission, some people ask and get denied, some people don't ask and do it anyway and don't get caught, some people don't ask and do it anyway and get caught.

I've asked my lawyer and he said that the builder could actually terminate the contract and keep your deposit. That wouldn't be cool. I am wondering what the likely hood is for the builder to go that far? Anyone have any experience?

Back