2.3K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2K     3 

Brownstones on Wallace (7 x 4s) COMPLETE

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I have been following this project from day one and could never find the name for it until Wed. Every time I asked someone on site what project this was, I was told to get lost. On Wed, someone provide some info.

The address is 371 Wallace Ave.
IMG_july-22-09-0307.jpg

IMG_july-22-09-0312.jpg

IMG_july-22-09-0313.jpg

IMG_july-22-09-0314.jpg

Single car parking
IMG_july-22-09-0315.jpg

IMG_july-22-09-0316.jpg

IMG_july-22-09-0317.jpg

Davenport Village

I was looking at Units (same builder) on the weekend. Is there a thread for Davenport Village or anyone on here purchase one in the first or second phase?

Oct 17

IMG_oct-17-09-0067.jpg

IMG_oct-17-09-0068.jpg

IMG_oct-17-09-0069.jpg

IMG_oct-17-09-0070.jpg

The project manger was pointing out to the brickie that the top row of bricks was not level to the other rows below it. From what I could see, about an inch.
IMG_oct-17-09-0071.jpg

IMG_oct-17-09-0072.jpg

IMG_oct-17-09-0073.jpg

IMG_oct-17-09-0074.jpg

IMG_oct-17-09-0075.jpg

So, these aren't real Brownstones, but plain old brick?

did you really expect more ???

someone noted that they used concrete construction for dividing walls between units which is nice; however, from what i could tell, the end units' exterior wall was just metal framing and insulation :(

Personally, I'd rather have my exterior wall built with metal frames than my dividing wall. At least a layer of brick is added on that side to provide more insulation.

I would consider buying a townhome if I knew my dividing wall would be concrete. But any I've ever seen seem like mostly wood construction.

did you really expect more ???

someone noted that they used concrete construction for dividing walls between units which is nice; however, from what i could tell, the end units' exterior wall was just metal framing and insulation :(

In this case, yes. A Brownstone is an actual thing, not like some non sensical place name like London on the Esplanade. If someone says Chesterfield, I expect a Chesterfield, not just a couch. When someone says Brownstone, I expect a Brownstone.

Doesn't this sort of deceit in marketing lead one to suspect all other claims from the builder? Right off the bat, I'd have trust issues with this company. There's only a certain amount of manipulation I'll except in marketing. Move beyond that boundary, and it borders on lying. They've almost taken themselves out of consideration. To each their own, but I wouldn't do business with a company like this.

I'm sure they lose quite a few other potential sales due to the lack of transparency and integrity they display. Other people I suppose, don't care.

Last edited:
In this case, yes. A Brownstone is an actual thing, not like some non sensical place name like London on the Esplanade. If someone says Chesterfield, I expect a Chesterfield, not just a couch. When someone says Brownstone, I expect a Brownstone.

Doesn't this sort of deceit in marketing lead one to suspect all other claims from the builder? Right off the bat, I'd have trust issues with this company. There's only a certain amount of manipulation I'll except in marketing. Move beyond that boundary, and it borders on lying. They've almost taken themselves out of consideration. To each their own, but I wouldn't do business with a company like this.

I'm sure they lose quite a few other potential sales due to the lack of transparency and integrity they display. Other people I suppose, don't care.

i agree with you ...

our buyers expectations for full disclosure and accuracy of materials and finishes depicted by developers have fallen short for many.

Back