News   Jul 04, 2024
 254     0 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 436     0 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 528     1 

Bridge, The + Connect (Urbancorp, 22s, Kirkor)

Hey all, I am a new home buyer and looking for a condo and saw their live free for a year mortgage.

Anyone know the status of construction for west side lofts/the bridge? and also the actual bridge?

The live free for is a waste of time if you can afford not to use it. You're only adding a year onto your mortgage at the end.

As for the Bridge and West Side Lofts, nothing has happened with either of these projects.

I heard about the digging started for West Side Lofts

I was by the Liberty Village area and stopped by the Bridge and saw them start fencing and had a construction vehicle there but they are still using it as a paid parking lot. I guess digging will start there soon too.

i like the look of westside lofts, it looks very funky. the bridge sounds interesting, i'm thinking about the project too. i love the area! does anyone have any feedback or stories about urbancorp?

i like the look of westside lofts, it looks very funky. the bridge sounds interesting, i'm thinking about the project too. i love the area! does anyone have any feedback or stories about urbancorp?

I recommend you look at the King West Life project (www.kingwestlife.com). The price is about the same if not better and it's a better building from every aspect in my opinion (location, amenities, features, etc.) ... but If they're already digging at the Bridge, then it will be completed before King West... so it depends on when you want to move in... Plazacorp says June 2011 ... I say more like June 2012

I bought with Urbancorp. I don't regret it - it was the right price/size/location/move-in-date, but overall it was not a positive experience. Customer service is gradually improving, but still quite bad. Their approach seems to be to do the minimum required or less and hope nobody notices.

For example they designed my kitchen improperly - built an island and a tiled area for the kitchen, and then found out that when you put the island on the tiled area you can't open the refrigerator door. Apparently others with units with similar layout just accepted the condo with the island pushed over to the side in the livingroom area. I complained and get the tiled area expanded so that it fits.

i appreciate your input. i went to the sales office a couple weeks back. info seemed limited but the vision they had with a pedestrian bridge impressed me. i like a couple projects near by as well, so i'm just narrowing down my search. thanks

I bought with Urbancorp. I don't regret it - it was the right price/size/location/move-in-date, but overall it was not a positive experience. Customer service is gradually improving, but still quite bad. Their approach seems to be to do the minimum required or less and hope nobody notices.

For example they designed my kitchen improperly - built an island and a tiled area for the kitchen, and then found out that when you put the island on the tiled area you can't open the refrigerator door. Apparently others with units with similar layout just accepted the condo with the island pushed over to the side in the livingroom area. I complained and get the tiled area expanded so that it fits.

thanks for the response calimehtar, which building did you purchase? I know they have couple of condos in king west and the king townhomes as well. did your place also close yet? if yes how long approx did it take to close?

The Bridge condo was using the site as a parking lot for a while but looks like they finally fencing, closed the parking lot and will start digging!

How long has the project been on the market? Seems like it sold pretty fast.

The bridge I think since end of 2007 but West Side Lofts started in 2006 I heard but they modified floor plans the past yr or so

^ ... I'm surprised at rate they sold those units... its got to be one of the fasted in Toronto... What do you think was the reason for their success?

i dont think they sold that fast... if west side lofts started in 06.... the bridge i think theres still a lot of units left, but they doing deals like e.g. mortgage free for one yr, now they doing from $990 a month

but one thing that area of king west/liberty villlage is going to blow up, its definitely up and coming and I can see a lot of young people living in that area as well.... i look forward to it

Back