News   Jul 04, 2024
 264     0 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 440     0 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 530     1 

Bridge, The + Connect (Urbancorp, 22s, Kirkor)

Thanks for another loser, Urbancorp.

Fired Alsop did you? Afraid that his plans were going to make your earlier projects look like the dross they are?

Can't tell you whether the Alsop tower is going ahead or not but, IIRC, his tower was planned for the sales centre to the east of this proposal. It does look like something else was built where his ridiculous townhomes were planned

I was at a meeting with Urbancorp where they discussed this project which they confirmed was originally supposed to be designed by Alsop, but now is Kirkor, and a future one they want to get approval for which would be in the triangular lot just to the east of this building.

Alsop may have consulted on West, not sure about that.

Wow, how brazen a bait'n'switch can you get. It's like being promised Betty Grable and getting Cass Daley instead...

Talk to Vultur about that. Meet him in the Real Estate subforum though, because the Projects and Construction threads are for bitching about, I mean discussing, the architectural and city-building merits of the buildings.

Alsop designed the sales centre for Westside lofts, but not the actual buildings. He was also going to design a pedestrian bridge which would cross the railway tracks and connect the Westside lofts to a new building which he was also going to design. Looks like the builder has dumped Alsop and is going ahead with the "Bridge" which is on the same site as where Alsops building would have been...

the design that Alsop had come up with was a funky 19 story building on stilts with the bridge ending underneath it...

I think this new plan has something to do with revamping Lamport and turning it into a big park...Westside Lofts hasn't actually been approved yet as its part of the Queen West Triangle Issue which Mayor Miller was trying to stop...the other two builders in the area where approved but the city wants a park to be built on a parcel of land where Westside Lofts is to be built...based on the picture I don't see a park there so maybe they are going to makeover Lamport to get approval...

If they're going to insist on building there, at least compell them to build something that does not look so utterly bland. Like, you could drown in dullness with this swill. It makes Bohemian Embassy look cool.

I got a huge foldout flyer for this condo in the mail yesterday.Just in time too as I was running out of toilet paper;)

they're playing the "bridge" as a card game thing. They're claiming it's a "breakthrough condominium" starting at only $179,000 for a shoe(baca:)box.

wow i'm excited wow wow wow.

The Bridge (Urbancorp)

Hey all, I am a new home buyer and looking for a condo and saw their live free for a year mortgage. I saw a thread about west side lofts earlier in the year. Do anyone of you currently live in an Urbancorp condo/townhouse? Anyone would like to share their opinion about them whether it is good or bad?

Anyone know the status of construction for west side lofts/the bridge? and also the actual bridge?

Back