News   Jul 12, 2024
 861     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 775     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 325     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

Calvin Klein is mid range. Don't think it belongs on bloor. IMO!!!

Bloor is no different than 5th ave in New York. Its a mixture of mid to high-end stores. 5th ave has Zara and H&M and other mid level retailers.

Ur right but bloor st is not long like 5th or Michigan ave in Chicago. So that small section on bloor should exclusively be high end. In my opinion. Weve been talking how there's no room for the high Enders to move in, so y waste them on mid and low Enders. That's my take on it.

Ur right but bloor st is not long like 5th or Michigan ave in Chicago. So that small section on bloor should exclusively be high end. In my opinion. Weve been talking how there's no room for the high Enders to move in, so y waste them on mid and low Enders. That's my take on it.

I agree with you on that one. I figure that will be the case in a few years' time when leases expire and landlords boot some mid-rangers out. The trouble is that stores like H&M, for example, have massive square footage so it makes it difficult sometimes for high end to absorb those footprints.

I agree with you on that one. I figure that will be the case in a few years' time when leases expire and landlords boot some mid-rangers out. The trouble is that stores like H&M, for example, have massive square footage so it makes it difficult sometimes for high end to absorb those footprints.

Do you think we'll ever get to a point where Bloor's high end footprint expands east or west of its current boundary?

Regarding 5th avenue in NY, I found that it is very similar to Bloor in the sense that the high end is crammed into the section between 59th and 54th. Even at 54th there is a Diesel and Zara which are not exactly high end. When Joe fresh moved onto 5th Ave there was so much hype, but in reality it is all the way down at 43rd street, far away from the rest of the pack. It would be the equivalent to them opening on Bloor, but at Spadina.

With the above said, do you think our expectations for Bloor are too high when compared to 5th Avenue?

Do you think we'll ever get to a point where Bloor's high end footprint expands east or west of its current boundary?

Regarding 5th avenue in NY, I found that it is very similar to Bloor in the sense that the high end is crammed into the section between 59th and 54th. Even at 54th there is a Diesel and Zara which are not exactly high end. When Joe fresh moved onto 5th Ave there was so much hype, but in reality it is all the way down at 43rd street, far away from the rest of the pack. It would be the equivalent to them opening on Bloor, but at Spadina.

With the above said, do you think our expectations for Bloor are too high when compared to 5th Avenue?

If the retail extends beyond Avenue to the west and Yonge to the east, I don't think the expectations are too high. You have to remember, too, that a good chunk of NYC's high end retail is on Madison Ave. To me, this would be the equivalent of Avenue Road attracting more high end, along with Cumberland and Yorkville Ave. 1 Bloor East should hopefully open up the stretch to the east. It remains to be seen what will trigger a westward expansion, although I think Strellson is a good start.

I could see the high end also expanding down to where the new four seasons is going up on bay. Actually that would be even nicer than bloor. Quaint, high end shopping just like bond st or oak st in chicago.

I seriously hope they repave the street on Yorkville Ave. in front of the Four Seasons. It's like off-roading down there and not appropriate for any city street let alone one that pulls into a five star hotel. Think of all the Lamborghinis and Ferraris that will bottom out! :)

lva19.jpg

Hi everyone, does somebody know if we are going to get a Tommy Hilfiger store in Bloor-Yorkville soon or a Ralph Lauren store?

I haven't realist that we do not have any at Downtown Toronto. I absolutely prefer to have these store at Bloor rather than Zara.

Hi everyone, does somebody know if we are going to get a Tommy Hilfiger store in Bloor-Yorkville soon or a Ralph Lauren store?

I haven't realist that we do not have any at Downtown Toronto. I absolutely prefer to have these store at Bloor rather than Zara.

Don't know about tommy hillfiger, u can find in any mall, but would be nice if we get a Ralph Lauren on bloor. He's got some amazing stuff!!!
We had one a long time ago but it closed down for some reason. I've been to the one in bal harbor, fl...it was amazing and the one in Chicago is huge too with a cafe within the store. They have a French style patio outside.

Don't know about tommy hillfiger, u can find in any mall, but would be nice if we get a Ralph Lauren on bloor. He's got some amazing stuff!!!
We had one a long time ago but it closed down for some reason. I've been to the one in bal harbor, fl...it was amazing and the one in Chicago is huge too with a cafe within the store. They have a French style patio outside.

Doesn't Ralph Lauren own Club Monaco? It'd be nice to see them take over Cub Monaco's existing space. The building is practically a poster child for Ralph Lauren boutiques.

Back